Question: I'm traveling out of country and want to minimize data/roaming costs. With WiFi built ... BlackBerry Bold forum

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Getting messages via Wifi

Advertisement

Question: I'm traveling out of country and want to minimize data/roaming costs. With WiFi built in to the Bold, is it possible to connect to your BIS account and collect your messages?

I've played with the options in the "manage connections" to see if I can do, but haven't had much luck. What am I doing wrong.

Also, if I just want to have the phone work only during travels, with no data, what setting should I be using?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    no data : Options -> Mobile Network -> Data Services : switch to Off
    As for emails i believe that as long as your wifi logo is WHITE and not greyed out you are getting emails thru wifi because your BB's pin is registered on BIS or BES

PIN/ID
    Yeah, when I do Off for Data Services, it seems to turn off my wifi connection, too. It's greyed out.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    when i traveled out of the country what i did with the bold was turn off the mobile network and turn on wi-fi. (in room) and all my email blackberry messanger bis worked perfectly. just no phone no texts unless emergency. is there wi-fi where your at and when you do the wi-fi setup does it show the network name
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    when i traveled out of the country what i did with the bold was turn off the mobile network and turn on wi-fi. (in room) and all my email blackberry messanger bis worked perfectly. just no phone no texts unless emergency. is there wi-fi where your at and when you do the wi-fi setup does it show the network name
    yeah thats what i figured and what i said but hmm how come his wifi is greyed out when mobile network is off ?

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ok, I am now able to get messages and such strictly by wifi, with mobile network off. Don't know why it didn't work before, though I did upgrade my OS. Thanks for the tips.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~