hello everyone! it is finally time for me to get an upgrade from my year ... BlackBerry Bold forum

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2

Question getting bold tomorrow have a couple questions

Advertisement

hello everyone!

it is finally time for me to get an upgrade from my year and a half old very slowwwwww blackberry pearl, and so i have a couple questions for everyone because reading all of these problems that everyone has had kind of worries me.

1. everyone keeps talking about this version .210 . i personally don't know what that really means, but do you think when i get my bold tomorrow it will have this version on it? or will i have to do something in order to get it?

2. i have a macbook and with my pearl i'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. is the bold compatible with macs now?

other than that, i'm very excited! i can't believe how slow and outdated my blackberry pearl has become in just a year and a half..

Spencer_Moore no está en línea Stack level 1
    1. u can download offical os's on blackberry.com if it does not ship with the os mentioned
    2. No basically what happens is the desktop manager is still not mac compatiblee, ther are other alternatives though

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    1.) this just refers to the different versions of the OS that Blackberry has. If your not tech savy and dont really know what this is, then for BB beginners I would recommend enjoy your phone as is and later rip into it. Different OS's do fix bugs and other things but thats why they're BETAS, because they need to be worked on before a final version can be released to us the consumer.

2.)PocketMac for BlackBerry lets you load new applications onto your BlackBerry smartphone, as well as synchronize your email, contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with popular Mac applications, including:
    • Mail.app Email
    • Entourage® Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes
    • Address Book Contacts
    • iCal® Calendar and Tasks
    • Now Contact®/Now Up-To-Date® Contacts, Calendars & Tasks
    • Meeting Maker Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks
    • Lotus Notes Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks
    • Safari Bookmarks (One-Way sync)

Follow the link HERE for PocketMac

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    1. Your bb will not ship with .210 because its not an official os.you will have to download the os. Just google for it and you'll find it. Infact .215 beta is also out and its really stable on my bold.
    2. For your mac you can use pocket mac or markspace- missing sync for BB( not free).
    You will not be able to upgrade your os with these apps. I use bootcamp on my mac to run desktop manager to upgrade os.
    Hope this helped. Enjoy your bold. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    if its not broken, dont fix it. i dont recommend upgrading, UNLESS you have issues with it.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Drat, she got the iPhone instead... http://forums.pinstack.com/f199/bold...lp_asap-98193/

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

i sure did

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by aiyssa View Post
    i sure did
    I hope you are loving your bold. I broke mine over the holidays. Going to get a new one tomorrow.... Woohoo
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

i absolutely am. how'd you break it?

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    if its not broken, dont fix it. i dont recommend upgrading, UNLESS you have issues with it.
    I always recommend this school of thought for new blackberry owners and depending on how quickly you become experienced, to move toward things such as beta testing new OSs down the road.

I honestly had no issues with .125 when my Bold shipped with it but being my nature I HAD to find something newer and (hopefully) better.

Official OS releases are that way for a reason, idealy there shouldn't be anything really wrong with your OS out of the box.