Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The above example is basic voice service which I do not even look at. I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

The above example is basic voice service which I do not even look at. I need unlimited minutes.

Saving $1080 and not being able to make a phone call when I want to because I am over my minutes? What is that?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This is just the tip of the iceberg. There will be many different promos on the Bold. This is a model which may not hold it's value very long. RIM's recent history reveals that much like the short product cycle between the 8300 & the replacement 8310 less than six months later. It's highly likely the Bold 9000 will be obsolete in just 5 more months. That being the case, the current economic conditions are likely to cause AT&T scramble to move these out of their inventory & into the hands of customers. With retail sales predicted to be soft this holiday season, I think we will see the Bold discounted beginning in just a few weeks. Finally like any version 1.0 product the Bold that promises to be a really great BlackBerry is the second generation model with a tentative release date of Q2.
    ~via BlackBerry 8310(wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    What can they add to the Bold? 9010?

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    $79 for a basic voice plan?

Wow, you guys are getting reamed.

What exactly do you get for $79?

What you are seeing is the reality of the current market conditions & the lack of demand for the Bold. All one must do is step outside into the mainstream area where customers have several choices of smartphones, the only model that is highly sought after. The only model with a high level of public awareness is the iPhone. Recent news reveals Apples plan to cut production as much as 40%, which speaks volumes about the changing dynamic of this holiday selling season. So we shall see what the last few weeks of this year bring.

~via BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    That rebate seems ridiculous too...

You have to send it in with your 4th bill and it has to show a perfect outstanding balance...you have to send the rebate within 120-180 days or else it won't process.

After you send it, it will take another 8-10 weeks for it to process and send out.

If you're a new customer and you're signing up for a 79.99 (or 99.99) + 50.00 data and txt msg plan, there is no reason not to go with them.

If not, it's probably not worth all the hassle.
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    That rebate seems ridiculous too...

You have to send it in with your 4th bill and it has to show a perfect outstanding balance...you have to send the rebate within 120-180 days or else it won't process.

After you send it, it will take another 8-10 weeks for it to process and send out.

If you're a new customer and you're signing up for a 79.99 (or 99.99) + 50.00 data and txt msg plan, there is no reason not to go with them.

If not, it's probably not worth all the hassle.
    Can you post a link of where you read about the rebate info? I didn't see that when I was checking it out on walmart's page.

Also, doesn't it usually take 8-10 weeks normally for any rebate?

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What you are seeing is the reality of the current market conditions & the lack of demand for the Bold. All one must do is step outside into the mainstream area where customers have several choices of smartphones, the only model that is highly sought after. The only model with a high level of public awareness is the iPhone. Recent news reveals Apples plan to cut production as much as 40%, which speaks volumes about the changing dynamic of this holiday selling season. So we shall see what the last few weeks of this year bring.

~via BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Completely agree with you archer. So, do you think I should hold off on getting a Bold and see what kind of deals will be made available or should I go in for the kill with Walmart?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    Completely agree with you archer. So, do you think I should hold off on getting a Bold and see what kind of deals will be made available or should I go in for the kill with Walmart?
    i say, and im sure archer will back me up on this, wait for the xmas specials ...

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I spoke to my att rep and guided her to the page. She said the website is letstalk and not walmart directly. At walmart the price is higher. Furthermore she said that letstalk charges a $175 early termination fee IN ADDITION to the att early termination fee. She said she would talk to her manager to see what she can do to give me credits on my account so I don't port back to tmobile and back to att through letstalk.

I sent her to pinstack and advised her of the wisdom of clarifying things on this board if she can bring light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaesternbach View Post
    I would feel very comfortable advising you to wait. Remember Black Friday is coming and I would scour the internet for all the deals 3 days before that day (day after Thanksgiving), including the BlackFriday site which will be expanded this season. Remember, this last few weeks of the year are the most critical weeks of the entire year for retail sales which includes mobile phones. The Bold is simply too high priced at it's current msrp to not be one phone that will have it's priced slashed. Finally remember the only strong demand is within the community of enthusiats like ourselves. No one in the mainstream has been foaming at the mouth to get one of these...... therefore after the inital rush is over to fill orders for crackberry addicts, you may find some shockingly low prices. That's my take for what it's worth. Remember there is nothing worse than just paying full pop for your phone only to see it at half price two weeks later. This Wal-Mart deal is no fluke. Just the first of many.

Quote Originally Posted by romy101 View Post
    Furthermore she said that letstalk charges a $175 early termination fee IN ADDITION to the att early termination fee.
    This is violation of federal law. Won't happen.

If you purchase your phone through a 3rd party reseller (let's talk) you can only be charged one ETF (early termination fee) as you are in contract with Let's Talk, NOT AT&T.
    This is just another example of a person who has no clue and unfortunately has no problem making things up to tell the customer. Remember at the end of the day it is YOUR reponsibility to read the entire contract you sign, as you are responsible no matter what is said by any sales rep, district mgr etc. Too many people are gullible, listen to anything, and sign anything, only to be caught off guard later, after it's too late.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try and get your plan reduced, rashard. Lol too much money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123