Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...and what a deal and even a day early lol...I'm tethering with my Treo Pro ... BlackBerry Bold forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up When did you get your AT&T Blackberry Bold...got mine 11/3 + mini review...

Advertisement

...and what a deal and even a day early lol...I'm tethering with my Treo Pro right now and battery-training (is that still necessary and/or beneficial at all???), and would love to tether with my Bold instead. Do I need a third-party app??

Otherwise, wow, 3G on a Blackberry (HSDPA) is so...foreign. lol...Amazing speeds, the 624MHz is NICE. I wish my Treo Pro had more than 400MHz on CPU power. It's VERY responsive, and it came with OS 4.6.0.167.

Downloaded the AT&T Navigator and the turn-by-turn is superb! As it is so FAST! I like the new OS 4.6. I have to play around with it some more, though.

WiFi...GPS...I think the list of what I CANNOT do is much shorter than what I can.

And how could I almost click Submit New Thread before talking about the screen!!!!!!!!!! 480x320 "widescreen"...WOW. Perfect screen. Slinging is great on that baby!

And the LOOKS! Very sexy. Very sleek. Surprisingly LIGHT!! The leather back and the silver chrome are gorgeous. The Treo Pro also sports a 1500mah battery., but in comparison, the BB Bold feels noticeably heavier, and the difference between the Curve is not dramatic at ALL as far as weight is concerned...What...a...device!

The keyboard is perfect for me, but I'm 6'3, and have longer fingers and a good-size hand. I wonder how people with smaller hands, i.e. 50% of the population a.k.a. women, will like the fact that it's wider than the Curve.

Anyway, I am loving it. I'll post more, as I get more acquainted with the device. Maybe you can, too!

Have FUN! Even the Box is beautiful! LOL...

Cheers!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

pink2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

I got mine on the 2nd. I am a small 5'2" woman and can use the bold no problem with one hand.

And I have to agree with you - this is the best phone EVER made. Phone reception is great, no more having to stand just so to keep a call from breaking up.

Phone is very light and so easy to type on, so easy to learn how to use.

I can't say enough good things about it.

I am SO HAPPY that I finally have one in my hands!!

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    How durable do you guys say the phone is?

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got a call from my AT&T rep. He is holding on to one for me until I make it down their tomorrow. Can't wait.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Yep my dealer emailed me just a few minutes ago and told me to be at the store 1st am tomorrow.

@pink2...Oh ok great. Did you try the alternate theme?? This is screen is PHENOMENAL! Do you type with two hands??

It's like HD and super bright. I like OS 4.6 too, and I am amazed at how light it is. Call clarity is sick, and when I turned the loudspeaker on...wow! The speaker is incredible. Can be used as a great device for playing music, too.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

JT Stringfellow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2159AB3B
    i cant wait till tomorrow u guys r lucky..

Any idea as to how I might tether using the Bold?? I use my Treo Pro for it, but would rather use my new 9000.

pink2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    @pink2...Oh ok great. Did you try the alternate theme?? This is screen is PHENOMENAL! Do you type with two hands??

It's like HD and super bright. I like OS 4.6 too, and I am amazed at how light it is. Call clarity is sick, and when I turned the loudspeaker on...wow! The speaker is incredible. Can be used as a great device for playing music, too.
    @CrunchDude - Yes, I type with two hands, but I was just pointing out that even small hands can handle the phone with no probs.

I tried the other theme, i like the background pic, but I didn't like that most of the icons went away and I didn't know where they went or how to get them back so I put it back to the original theme and just changed my background pic.

The sound is incredible, I can't believe how clear my calls are now and that I don't keep breaking up.

@pink2: As to one-hand operation, great, so everyone please disregard my comments as to the wideness of the Bold. LOL...

And YES! Exactly. Call clarity is awesome! And try playing a song/ringtone and/or video. The audio it puts out is A+++++++. The iPhone's/iPod's have nothing on this baby! haha...just incredible this beauty.

As for the background pic, you can just put your five post frequently used apps there and hit the BB button for the rest of the apps. Plus, you have two configurable convenience keys.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Any idea as to how I might tether using the Bold?? I use my Treo Pro for it, but would rather use my new 9000.
    by the looks of your signature im gonna go with youre using a Windows Computer right ?
    If you have a Mac handy i can help. Let me know

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I got mine on 11/3/08. This phone is amazing. Falling in love all over again. lol

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    by the looks of your signature im gonna go with youre using a Windows Computer right ?
    If you have a Mac handy i can help. Let me know
    I'm a MBPro user Ranxoren... interested in tethering as well > any advice?

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I have found some documentation on-line...

• Bold WiFi Setup Network.pdf
    • Bold Datasheet.pdf
    • Bold Tethered Modem.pdf
    • Bold Tips Tricks.pdf

They have it all in a zip file on mediafire

LINK
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes View Post
    I'm a MBPro user Ranxoren... interested in tethering as well > any advice?
    basically just pair your Bold with your Mac using Bluetooth via the Bluetooth Setup Assistant and add the end select the "use this device's internet connexion"
    After you do that you will have a dial up icon at the top of your taskbar.
    Click on it, itll ask you for your carrier's APN info, put them in and thats it it dials from your Bold to access the internet via your BIS or BES connexion.
    Works flawlessly and more than decent speeds.

Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast