me again!!! not enjoying the 9780 experience if i'm honest... ive had facebook on my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

how to get rid of facebook icon!!! doesnt want to go..

Advertisement

me again!!! not enjoying the 9780 experience if i'm honest... ive had facebook on my blackberry from year dot, installed version1.9.0.20 on it and now i have the icon with a one next to it, ive deleted all the messages, all the notifications on both the phone and via the pc and i still have this icon showing. not sure if its a buggy version of facebook or its something to do with the 9780.... anyone else had problems or can suggest trying something. ive deleted the app and reinstalled it,,, still no joy.

cant wait to the theme builder is released fed up with this sliding trays on the home screen, most annoying thing in the world and wish RIM had released it where it could be turned on and off..
    Last edited by stolt; 12-20-2010 at 04:35 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Some of the apps are merely shortcuts installed by the carrier-you cant get rid of them. Best bet is to hide them or move them to like the games folder.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    He's saying that he's got a stuck Facebook notification that won't go away. Saw this same issue on the BlackBerry Support Forums with a 9800, so I'm wondering if it's not a glitch with the 6.0 OS.

hi sorry, not sure if i've explaine dit, i want the app on my phone but the notificatiosn you get when you get a new message etc that pop up on the home screen, i have a notification with a one next to it, but the messages etc are all read so it should disapear but it wont, even deleting the app and reinstalling it wont get it to go..

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I thought I was the only one. On my inbox on my 9780, I have Facebook messages from November 5 and December 16 that I cannot get rid of. I deleted them off Facebook but they still exist in the Messages inbox and on Facebook.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Woops, sorry. I get that too, mine is usually a private message or someone wrote something after I've respoded to a post, but Ive never had one that wouldn't go away after I opened it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    open the facebook application, go to inbox, set the cursor at top date, hit menu and select mark prior opened, that should fix it, then if you want go to facebook app settings and unthick the connect facebook with your BlackBerry messages application.
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

yep tried that too, did that the other day... unticked aswell and still no joy!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Someone mentioned in another thread that they solved the problem only by deleting all their emails and then it cleared itself out once the next (if I recall correctly) facebook notification came through.

Zo