I have a gone from a Curve to a Bold (unlocked), I remember on the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

General Theme Question

Advertisement

I have a gone from a Curve to a Bold (unlocked), I remember on the Curve forums there was a way to unlock all the network vendors themes. Is this possible on the Bold and how do I do it??

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    haven't seen it done on the bold os. its really a matter of changing the vendor code to your own vendor on the OS blackberry.alx file.
    theoretically, should work ... but since i don't have a bold to test this theory ...

plus .. not even sure that there are hidden vendor themes? doesn't the bold come preloaded with just two precision themes? or does the ATT bold get an ATT theme?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    haven't seen it done on the bold os. its really a matter of changing the vendor code to your own vendor on the OS blackberry.alx file.
    theoretically, should work ... but since i don't have a bold to test this theory ...

plus .. not even sure that there are hidden vendor themes? doesn't the bold come preloaded with just two precision themes? or does the ATT bold get an ATT theme?
    I'm not sure what ATT have as I am in the UK, I have a generic unbranded Bold that does indeed have 2 themes, I also have a UK T-Mobile branded Bold and this has 2 themes also but one has T-Mo colours.

All fonts are precsion ones.

benpragnell no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256669A1
    let me know if you find out. i'm on t-mobile uk as well and had my curved unlocked.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yeah, its possible like the other OSs. But it makes no sense. The only thing that would change ist the vendorwallpaper

HTH
    Peter

PDADoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2709EE01
    Speaking of themes, I've been searching for a simple, professional looking theme that allows upcoming calendar appointments and calls to appear on the today screen. I wouldn't have thought that something so simple would be so hard to find, lol!Whenever I think I've found something, it ends up looking like it was made by a high-schooler with nothing else to do. Don't want any cutesy themes or sports or movie motifs, just a professional, conservative, utilitarian theme.Can any of you guys point me in the right direction?
    The PDA Doc!
    BlackBerry Torch 9800

PIN/ID
    281860C8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Check out www.onthearm.com.

HTH
    Peter

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    peter, that link goes to a site that is being rebuilt ... nothing there

PDADoc, try this link. It's the Precision default theme for the bold, in a today plus format (i think you will find this to your liking) and comes in three versions

PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Oups, sorry. Wrong link. Try this one http://m.onthearm.com/themes.htm

Peter
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

This may help

I use the Bold 'L" style themes, and in my calender option, I set the calender to notify me of upcoming events.
    Those are usually crisp sharp looking themes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDADoc View Post
    Speaking of themes, I've been searching for a simple, professional looking theme that allows upcoming calendar appointments and calls to appear on the today screen. I wouldn't have thought that something so simple would be so hard to find, lol!Whenever I think I've found something, it ends up looking like it was made by a high-schooler with nothing else to do. Don't want any cutesy themes or sports or movie motifs, just a professional, conservative, utilitarian theme.Can any of you guys point me in the right direction?

PDADoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2709EE01
    Great! Finally, themes that look both professional and functional!

Thanks, guys.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

where is the .alx file again??

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    This is the only theme I have ever liked that I actually paid for. There is a link to a video that shows a demonstration on the use.

http://www.gadgetbean.com/product_in...roducts_id=235

orb2k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207BCA35
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonring View Post
    I use the Bold 'L" style themes, and in my calender option, I set the calender to notify me of upcoming events.
    Those are usually crisp sharp looking themes.
    Where did you get the L themes? I wanted it for a while on my bold, it doesn't come with my bold.