I have the Bold, I'm trying to make my own Themes just for something fun ... BlackBerry Bold forum

DevilishGuy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Games and Themes for Bold 9000

Advertisement

I have the Bold, I'm trying to make my own Themes just for something fun to do. However I do find Themes and games for other blackberry devices on the web and here and such. I've tried games for the 8800 and they dont work on the Bold correctly. Same with some of the Themes, you download one for the 8800 and it wont work, even some of the Bold ones dont work.

Am I able to take a Theme or game for an older blackberry and use some type of software and convert it to the 9000(Bold) series?

sbs8331 no está en línea Stack level 2
    In a word, no, unless you have Plazmik or some other theme builder tool that will allow you to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs8331 View Post
    In a word, no, unless you have Plazmik or some other theme builder tool that will allow you to convert.

Yep i downloaded and installed that, So i should be able to select an older theme and use that software to convert it awesome

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the only way to alter another theme that you did NOT make is to have the raw .thm file. most developers do not give those out. you cannot edit the alx/jad/cod files that are created after exporting.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    the only way to alter another theme that you did NOT make is to have the raw .thm file. most developers do not give those out. you cannot edit the alx/jad/cod files that are created after exporting.

Crumb

I noticed that on this one site they have "animated" themes and such....can i create an animated theme using that Plazmik software?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    yep, well, sortof. you need to use composer to make the animated themes. we have some animated here too

yep, well, sortof. you need to use composer to make the animated themes. we have some animated here too

I havent seen any animated themes for the Bold. I did see one posted i think on another BB Theme Site but when i tried to install it, only half of it worked. I'm also a HUGE SOUTH PARK FAN!!! and Am currently in the process of trying to make one for the Bold.

So I'm guessing to make it animated, Id need to do some type of coding? like Java? or that type of thing?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    you have to use composer and create an .svg file.

the animated themes that i have used lately are memory hogs, slow down the device and cause constant hourglass.

within the theme builder there are 'default' type themes that you can load up on the builder and alter. there are a few for the bold. once you have the 4.6 CDK loaded on your machine, look here:
    C:\Program Files\Plazmic CDK 4.6\samples\Themes\custom

try the jscroll and ring folders. within them there are two files. one is svg and one is .thm. load the .thm into the theme builder. you will see where to also load the svg. then play around. you could put your southpark wallpapers in and you are good to go

you have to use composer and create an .svg file.

the animated themes that i have used lately are memory hogs, slow down the device and cause constant hourglass.

within the theme builder there are 'default' type themes that you can load up on the builder and alter. there are a few for the bold. once you have the 4.6 CDK loaded on your machine, look here:
    C:\Program Files\Plazmic CDK 4.6\samples\Themes\custom

try the jscroll and ring folders. within them there are two files. one is svg and one is .thm. load the .thm into the theme builder. you will see where to also load the svg. then play around. you could put your southpark wallpapers in and you are good to go
    YA i did the wall paper but im thinking GO BIG OR GO HOME! So I've located and found some images of chacters and stuff to make as the "icons" and such for the home screen and just those little "icing on the cake" type of things that will make for a fun theme

Thanks for the help and suggests

Not sure where half you people are located but MAN in Toronto Canada freaking BLIZZED !!! its like SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ im in NOR CAL and if mother nature drops a blizzard on us, i'm going to mexico! LOL i HATE cold and snow!

^^ im in NOR CAL and if mother nature drops a blizzard on us, i'm going to mexico! LOL i HATE cold and snow!
    Careful what you say they got snow in Las Vegas the other day, and it hasnt snowed since 1979 or something

thanks again for your help

miguelu2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I made a south park theme i think its ok hehe how do i post it?