Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I do not have the latest OS. Mine is 4.6.0.167 Platform 4.0.0.157. And mine works ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

I do not have the latest OS. Mine is 4.6.0.167 Platform 4.0.0.157.

And mine works fine, NOT to rub it in. I am not going to install new OS until 5.0 out of beta.

iLord is DEAD!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by matte119 View Post
    90% of the phones that get returned with "problems" have absolutely nothing wrong with them. The only thing normally wrong is user error...haha. Do some reading, learn to fix your own stuff and quit driving up the prices of new phones for the rest of us by returning a phone that just needs the software refreshed.
    I understand your comment but would have to also say that not all users are comfortable upgrading,downgrading and tampering with there devices. I am very good at it, IMO and still have had times it was the device and not the user.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I understand your comment but would have to also say that not all users are comfortable upgrading,downgrading and tampering with there devices. I am very good at it, IMO and still have had times it was the device and not the user.
    I am in complete agreement with you cowboy.....I don't have near the experience with operating systems you do but but have upgraded 3 times.....each time though, it was with a high degree of trepidation and knots in my stomach as I feared bricking my device.....I have tried to create the definitive, comprehensive, unabridged, final word on upgrading and downgrading an o.s. with every detail and option covered in micro-detail.....the ultimate security blanket as it were with nothing left to chance.....e.g. when to connect the device, when to back up, which dm to use, when to remove the media card, when-where-how to download the os, what to do with it.....alx file, help files, superfluous media/video files, etc. etc. etc......I am nowhere near being finished but it still provides me with something to do.....so, I can truly see that many of us who are risk averse would hesitate to change their o.s. as quickly as others......after all......the stacks provide a treasure trove of those who dove in to change an o.s. and experienced one or another problem.....however, I am extremely grateful for the experience and knowledge of the mods and others who can tackle this process easily and quickly while sharing information with fellow stackers about this quasi-mysterious process.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

millerhe1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I knew full well that the phones AFTER the first one were going to be refurbs; however, I was not prepared for the one that got sold to me AS NEW to be a refurb. I intentionally did not get into the different issues with the phones because I felt my original post was getting long enough as it was. To break it down though, the majority of the issues I have had have had to do with staying connected to the Internet, from the phone. I loved my previous BB's and was thrilled when I found out about the 9000 as the slow connection speed was an issue for me with my previous phones. This phone is having many of the same issues that OzzieDog mentions in his post, though I do have the latest OS system. I am considering the 8900, but it would be at the loss of the 3G, which is the main reason I bought my 9000.
    where did you buy it? Cause most stores sell only new devices, cant speak on kiosks as I never buy from those as most of them are privately owned and only licensed to sell carrier devices and are not bound to the same rules as most corporate stores are.
    Unlocked Blackberry Torch 9810. On T-mobile.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was surprised to read so many of the early responses blaming the consumer, especially without any details.

If I bought something used and had to tinker with it to get it working properly or working at all I'd feel like I'd been conned, yet some people seem to think that it's okay for a business to sell something new (or as new, which refurbs are supposed to be) and expect the consumer to get it running properly. Really? I can understand why a business would want their buyers trained to think like that, but why would I ever buy into that?

The money I pay a business isn't defective or in need of an upgrade, it doesn't require them to do anything extra to get full use of it. If it did I'm pretty sure they'd call the police and have me arrested for passing counterfeit bills or something to that effect. So if a business can expect to get something 100% useable when they make an exchange for goods or services with a consumer, why can't the consumer expect to get something 100% useable? And why on Earth wouldn't the consumer be allowed to be upset if they didn't get something 100% useable?

By the way, if 90% or your returns are working units you're messing up elsewhere - either you're selling to the wrong customers (upselling rather than selling them the right product), or you're not giving them easy to use instructions to use their products. If it is just a software issue the carrier shouldn't be shipping out phones which have old software and needs upgrades to work properly, should they? If you want to blame customers you can, but all that means is you won't try and find a way to actually solve the issues.

Sorry, but customers keep business in business, anyone trying to sell me that businesses should be allowed to be lazy, blame the customers, and the customers are supposed to do the companies job for them and make their products useable may think I don't get it, but I'd have to say they don't get it.

Scarlett no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have you tried going to your local store and explain your issue to them. I have done that and walked out with a brand new replacement.
    Scarlett
    Granny's Wear Pearls Too!

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm still running original .167 and everything is usually ok. One thin that I do find is a large memory leak which is reset by pulling the battery. Its not bad to have to do this but after paying $300 for the phone, I feel I shouldn't have to do this. Other than that I hae had no restarts/shutdowns, I have had some freezing, and at times. I am considering the new upgrade of .167, but if anyone has suggestions to any other software I would be glad to hear it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I must be blessed but I have two Bolds, one unlocked Rogers and an AT&T Bold and they have both worked without flaw. They both have the original OS and have never crashed. If I did not come here I would never known that the Bold series was having so many problems. <vbg>
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    I was surprised to read so many of the early responses blaming the consumer, especially without any details..
    One might say the same thing in reverse and being a person who owns a company I know that there are many A-hole customers that you simply can not satisfy.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I must be blessed but I have two Bolds, one unlocked Rogers and an AT&T Bold and they have both worked without flaw. They both have the original OS and have never crashed. If I did not come here I would never known that the Bold series was having so many problems. <vbg>
    I second that. I've never had problem one with mine. Bought at the local AT&T store in December. Knock on wood-lol.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Bold Power

I think I have been blessed also. My AT&T Bold was a work horse and never missed a beat. I retired it when I was on top of it's game.

joemecu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I think I have been blessed also. My AT&T Bold was a work horse and never missed a beat. I retired it when I was on top of it's game.
    I've also had no real issues. 4.6.0.167 seemed a bit slow to me at times, but .210, .247, and .266 were big improvements, in my mind.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    WHat is good is everyone has the choice to upgrade or not. I use my phone for business and would be lost without it. If my phone screwed up as many times as some others here I would have had to look else where. My Bold handles 60+ emails a day and at least that many phone calls, day in and day out. It has got to work as it allows me to get out of the office!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

millerhe1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I too have not had any issues with my bold that have not been caused by me in someway. with third party apps or screwing with service books I should not have.
    Unlocked Blackberry Torch 9810. On T-mobile.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Originally Posted by RedNightHawk
    I was surprised to read so many of the early responses blaming the consumer, especially without any details..
    One might say the same thing in reverse and being a person who owns a company I know that there are many A-hole customers that you simply can not satisfy.
    Before I'd posted the OP had already mentioned she'd initially been sold a refurb phone as new, and was on her fourth phone and still having issues.

A number of people basically treated it like it was her fault that she was having issues and assumed she was simply unwilling to upgrade her software (not to mention assumed that alone would solve the problem) and was just returning phones without putting effort into fixing them.

Again, before I'd posted my comment (and before you'd responded to my comment) she had posted again and clarified her most recent Bold which is still having issues does have the latest software. Other than upgrading software and swapping phones is there something else she's supposed to do on her end?

Should she be taking an electronics course and opening up her Bold, tinkering with the components, maybe climbing up the local cell towers to check the antenna? At what point do her 'duties' as a customer end and the business has to step up and do it's part to resolve this?

I am well aware that there are some customers that are difficult to satisfy. I've never bought into the customer is always right mindset. That said, from what I'd read in the posts from the OP, she's not one of those customers, and she would've been really, really, painfully easy to satisfy - just give her a Bold that works.

You got two Bolds that work and you seem to be happy. I'm pretty sure that would be the same case with her.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast