Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I bought my Bold "new" in December last year and even though it was on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Furious with AT&T

Advertisement

I bought my Bold "new" in December last year and even though it was on a upgrade, still spent a lot of money for it. For the first few weeks it was working fine; however, as with so many others, it started having issues within the first 30 days. So, back to the store I went and it was replaced with another new phone. That phone lasted even a shorter time then the first one did, however, I was then past the 30 days from purchase mark and had to call "Customer Care". Long story short, I am now on my 4th Bold and it is again having issues- though this one has lasted the longest at 2 months. The fact that these phones keep having problems is bad enough, however, the caper in all of this is that yesterday when I called AT&T to discuss the latest issue with them, the rep in the Warranty department told me that the very FIRST phone, that I purchased AS NEW from them back in December was actually a frigging REFURBASHED phone!!!! While I realize I am well past that phone, I am really ticked with AT&T, but at this point I don't know if there is anything I can do about it. Of the 4 Bolds that I have had, only ONE of them was the brand new phone that I paid for originally and that was the 2nd one; that had it's own problems though and I no longer have it.

I have 2 lines for my account and 1 of them is not under contract and due for an upgrade. I am seriously considering leaving AT&T because of all the problems I have had with this phone. Before this, I had a great experience with AT&T and am really disappointed in the lack of customer loyalty (I have been with them for going on 10 years) and crappy customer service.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Sorry this is happening to you but you leaving will make no difference.

You never tell us what kind of problems you had with you different Bold units.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    umm yeah did you ever update the software on it? because 99% of the time it's the software not the hardware so you can trade it in for 392 bolds and still have the same issues

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Or try the 8900.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I threaten to leave AT&T to them all the time, they give me just about whatever I want. Tell them you will go elsewhere if they do not meet your expectation of desired level that you want. It does work.

iLord is DEAD!

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on number 8, the problems I had with the first seven were random restarts, none responsive keyboard, dropped calls. The first two were new due to problems within 30 days, all the others refurbished. I found that the "new official" .167 appears to work, in last two weeks only one random restart.
    Hang in there it could get better. Good luck

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Where else you gonna go. They are all the same.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just keep sending the defective ones back until you get a working unit. Since switchin to TMobile in 2003, I went thru:

1 950
    2 7730's
    3 7100t's
    2 7105t's
    3 8100's
    1 8120
    3 HP iPaq 6315 Pocket PC Phones
    1 Color Sidekick
    2 Sidekick 2's
    2 SideKick 3's
    1 Samsung E635
    1 Nokia 1208

So you can see that I didn't stop until I was happy. I think TMobile got tired of me calling or stopping at a corporate store to replace a phone so they went thru all their 8120's to ensure I wouldn't be calling back and it has worked LOL

matte119 no está en línea Stack level 2
    90% of the phones that get returned with "problems" have absolutely nothing wrong with them. The only thing normally wrong is user error...haha. Do some reading, learn to fix your own stuff and quit driving up the prices of new phones for the rest of us by returning a phone that just needs the software refreshed.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by matte119 View Post
    90% of the phones that get returned with "problems" have absolutely nothing wrong with them. The only thing normally wrong is user error...haha. Do some reading, learn to fix your own stuff and quit driving up the prices of new phones for the rest of us by returning a phone that just needs the software refreshed.
    I agree, people like this are a pain in the bVtt to the retailer and to the consumer. What is worst is the person feels it is all funny. I would hate to sell this person a car.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    No Way
    All of these phones are refurbished and sold to some poor sap as new.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 05-24-2009 at 08:47 AM.

millerhe1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    All of these phones are refurbished and sold to some poor sap as new.
    Actually the only phone you ever receive new is the original one purchased ( provided the exchange is after 30 days).After you go through the warranty process the rest are refurbs. And as far a saps go when you actually listen to the recordings they transfer you to so you can agree to the terms of the exchange they tell you it is a refurb but most people dont listen or read the terms and just agree to the deal to get off the phone or out the door then claim foul on the cell provider when they actually laid it out it would be a refurb to start with.And the thing is the warranty process is made simpler for the consumer by having the warranty process in place if you read the manufacturers warranty info that comes with the devices you would have to send it off to them and wait till they fixed it or replaced it at their option which could take four to six weeks and then it still would be a refurb. So the provider takes on the extra step and has you send the device to them they send you a device in average of 3 to 4 days and then they send it off to be repaired then in about four to six weeks you see a great deal for a refurbished Bold on the att site.
    Unlocked Blackberry Torch 9810. On T-mobile.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Just keep sending the defective ones back until you get a working unit. Since switchin to TMobile in 2003, I went thru:

1 950
    2 7730's
    3 7100t's
    2 7105t's
    3 8100's
    1 8120
    3 HP iPaq 6315 Pocket PC Phones
    1 Color Sidekick
    2 Sidekick 2's
    2 SideKick 3's
    1 Samsung E635
    1 Nokia 1208

So you can see that I didn't stop until I was happy. I think TMobile got tired of me calling or stopping at a corporate store to replace a phone so they went thru all their 8120's to ensure I wouldn't be calling back and it has worked LOL
    There ya go, I told you so, there are others like me, and get what they want!!!

iLord is DEAD!

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I knew full well that the phones AFTER the first one were going to be refurbs; however, I was not prepared for the one that got sold to me AS NEW to be a refurb. I intentionally did not get into the different issues with the phones because I felt my original post was getting long enough as it was. To break it down though, the majority of the issues I have had have had to do with staying connected to the Internet, from the phone. I loved my previous BB's and was thrilled when I found out about the 9000 as the slow connection speed was an issue for me with my previous phones. This phone is having many of the same issues that OzzieDog mentions in his post, though I do have the latest OS system. I am considering the 8900, but it would be at the loss of the 3G, which is the main reason I bought my 9000.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by matte119 View Post
    I wouldn't say that there was absolutely nothing wrong with them, but many times it can be fixed with a software upgrade.

And yes reading, researching and upgrading can often solve problems better and faster than a trading for a new unit with the same OS and potentially the same issue.

But I also don't blame people for returning a phone that they spent so much money on and it's giving them fits. We should not have to jump through hoops to make our devices work properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast