Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For those of you who carry your Bold in a pocket, which pocket do you ... BlackBerry Bold forum

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Front or back pocket?????

Advertisement

For those of you who carry your Bold in a pocket, which pocket do you prefer? I typically keep mine in my front pocket but that is only because I am afraid that when in sit down I will do damage to my device screen or keyboard if it is in my back pocket. So I was just kind of looking for opinions.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    im not a pocket fan cuz the dust getting into my expensive bold. i carry a seidio holster. my old always had dust under the screen cuz i kept in my pocket
    Last edited by fondoo; 12-11-2008 at 03:15 PM.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not a Bold user (yet) but if you wear jeans...watch out for the rivets that are often used on the corner of the small pocket just above the right hand pocket. That made a nice little scratch in the screen of my first 8800.

The reason I carry my phone in my pocket with the screen against my leg is because a friend hit his leg on the corner of a desk and crushed the display on his phone.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    If you HAVE to carry in your pocket, I suggest the front pocket. I suggest you don't keep it in your pocket but if you do find a sleeve to put it in first.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4
    That brings me to my next question. Does anyone know where if I can find a Pearl style sleeve for my Bold?
    One that activates the sleep function but does not have any type of belt clip.

Thanks,
    Keith.

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tweezak View Post
    I'm not a Bold user (yet) but if you wear jeans...watch out for the rivets that are often used on the corner of the small pocket just above the right hand pocket. That made a nice little scratch in the screen of my first 8800.

The reason I carry my phone in my pocket with the screen against my leg is because a friend hit his leg on the corner of a desk and crushed the display on his phone.

I would agree. A way to automatically get over scratching your screen is to have the phone in your hand "as if you were talking on it" and then when putting in your front pocket make sure the screen end is down. that way your more inclined to scratch the keys if any scratching happens (not to me in over a year), and the buttons are so high up that I dont run into those issues, thankfully

Pearloid no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a pearl and i usually wear carpenter pants, which have a nifty little side pocket just above my right knee where my phone fits perfectly. or in cargo pants i keep it in the right huge pocket. I used to keep it in my front pocket until somebody kicked me there, and, with my phone being in there with my keys it busted the end-call key and there went that one.

Concept Guest
    I would think the bold is a little too big for pocket carrying.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearloid View Post
    I have a pearl and i usually wear carpenter pants, which have a nifty little side pocket just above my right knee where my phone fits perfectly. or in cargo pants i keep it in the right huge pocket. I used to keep it in my front pocket until somebody kicked me there, and, with my phone being in there with my keys it busted the end-call key and there went that one.

Want to share why you were being kicked?...lol

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Want to share why you were being kicked?...lol
    Lol, I'd like to know as well.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Normally, I don't carry my phone in my pocket, but there are times when I'm at work and I don't want anyone messing with my phone while I'm in a different area. When those ocassions arise, I usually carry my phone in my right back pocket, with the screen against my tushy.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by carmover View Post
    That brings me to my next question. Does anyone know where if I can find a Pearl style sleeve for my Bold?
    One that activates the sleep function but does not have any type of belt clip.

Thanks,
    Keith.
    There are several companies marketing premium cases which are made available without clips. Here's a link to Nutshell's:
    http://tuff-as-nuts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=651

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I just ordered the new Vaja custmizable leather holster. Made it without the belt clip. So will see what happens.

For me, I usually have it clip with the OEM holster to my belt. But I usually carry it in my jacket pocket or just carry it on my hand all the time. Plus, I don't think it is comfortable to carry it in my pocket.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post

And it's only $55! Are they out of their minds?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast