I recentrly upgraded to the Tmobile BB Bold 9700 and i have had some issues ... BlackBerry Bold forum

egonzalez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2483198D

Freezing 9700

Advertisement

I recentrly upgraded to the Tmobile BB Bold 9700 and i have had some issues with the phone freezing. It became especially frequent when using the BB as a modem thru the desktop software. I called Tmobile and had the phone replaced. When my new phone started to freeze I came to suspect all the apps I had downloaded and my hypothesis was confirmed correct. My Bold now runs like it should except for the slow 3G speeds. Has anyone listed apps which cause BBs to malfunction?

List of apps I used:
    Gmap
    Weather Bug
    Bible
    Poynt
    Shazam
    PrimeTime2Go
    All Sports GPS
    Game Demos (GH,Pac,NFS, TH, Brain, WheresW)
    and some others...

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I haven't had any issues with these apps specifically. Are you running the stock OS on the device?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

egonzalez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2483198D

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The latest official OS thread can be found here and it appears the newest official is 5.0.0.442. While it's likely not for your carrier, it will work and may alleviate your problems.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Have you installed any new custom themes lately? If the build on a themes isnt tweaked out right, it can reek havoc on your device. I quit running custom themes when I got this 9700 and I have no issues at all, and I have about 15 apps.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    5.0.0.330 is a very stable OS... you should not have issues with that OS... my wife is still using that one.

If it was me, I'd backup my data and settings with DM (good to do on a regular basis anyways), and I'd backup my 3rd party apps using the link in my signature... then start removing a few at a time and reboot your device after just to make sure things are fairly clean... see if you can pin down which app is causing you the most problems... then you can always reload the apps afterwards by using the 2nd part of 3rd party apps backup procedure... at least that is what I'd do.