Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi All, I've been playing around with moodio on my Bold and I find it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3

Free streaming radio on blackberry, other options?

Advertisement

Hi All,

I've been playing around with moodio on my Bold and I find it plays very well and is just fantastic.

What are the other choices we have on Berries?

P.S how much data can we use up with streaming audio , I think i'm Ok with the 6GB plan

thx

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think you will kill the battery before you can use up 6 Gigs of data.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    You will be just fine, as streaming audio requires so much less than streaming video.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmtl View Post
    Hi All,

I've been playing around with moodio on my Bold and I find it plays very well and is just fantastic.

What are the other choices we have on Berries?

P.S how much data can we use up with streaming audio , I think i'm Ok with the 6GB plan

thx
    rest assured 6gb is a LOT of data especially on a blackberry with the data compression they have lol

Just wanted to make sure ... thanks !

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    www.orb.com and stream files from your own pc
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

orb.com seems really cool, but i just want to stream radio and keep it simple.

thanks !

What do you guys have as the bitrate on the Bold for moodio,
    should I be using the default bitrate / parametric stereo or just plain stereo?

I have tried a few and they seem to sound the same with hickups here and there

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i would use parametric stereo coming from a DJ background but only if you are using good sound isolating headphones.
    Plain stereo for a loud speaker use tho.

I'll just be using the standard headphones from the Bold and it's speakerphone

I guess 52 kbps stereo should stream Ok on Rogers in a good 3G area...
    Your experience?
    Last edited by jrmtl; 10-13-2008 at 09:29 AM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    the rogers 3G in a good 3G area is amazing. as you know i was working with Rogers and i was asking our techs if the Rogers 3G was 3.6mbps or 7.2mbps and i was actually surprised to hear from them that MTL, OTTAWA, MONCTON and TORONTO are 7.2MBPS !
    Rest of Canada is still 3.6mbps (unless he didnt mention everything) and on their way to 7.2mbps.
    Also i got to play with our live TV streaming service and its incredibly fast so trust me. If i was able to watch LIVE TV you can listen to 52kbps stereo music

michaelk no está en línea Stack level 2
    Very cool... but what about live TV options? What sort of apps or sites out there allow for streaming TV on a BB?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Rogers is coming out with an App for that i got to try it on both the n95 which is already out and the beta for Rogers but sorry as much as i can talk about it to promote it im forbidden to share or anything like that so dont ask.
    Its coming

michaelk no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ranx, I have no doubt that it is coming, but knowing Rogers, they'll gouge me as they usually do, so I'm trying to find something slightly more cost effective (read: free). So, let me rephrase: what FREE live streaming TV apps are out there?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelk View Post
    Ranx, I have no doubt that it is coming, but knowing Rogers, they'll gouge me as they usually do, so I'm trying to find something slightly more cost effective (read: free). So, let me rephrase: what FREE live streaming TV apps are out there?
    hmm closest thing right now would be a slingplayer version for blackberry as i dont think theres any free or not app out there atm. (someone correct me if im wrong)
    The slingplayer for blackberry is however still not available but heres the link to register as a beta tester : https://beta.slingmedia.com/signup/default.html?sid={20509E51-33B4-4BFD-9EF1-3DDB55522DAC}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast