Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

afternoon, couldnt find a forum the for the BB 9780, just got mine delivered today ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

Forum for 9780 ?

Advertisement

afternoon, couldnt find a forum the for the BB 9780, just got mine delivered today and after firing it up need to ask some questions, i did the switch device using bb manger but i'm assuming themes etc from the 9700 wont work on the 9780 as they never carried over. Will i have to create a new theme (i like to use my custom icons)

thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    We'll get the new forums up ASAP.

Theme Builder 6 is still in beta, but themes are trickling out slowly for OS 6. You're right, though.....themes you had on your 9700 will not work on the 9780.

ok cheers, wasnt a dig or anything..... is the beta availible to actually create a theme yourself, it was nothing special but I like it quite minimal on the home screen!!!! dont think my beweather and other things have transferred over when i switched devices from my 9700!!

No worries......didn't take it as a dig.

BeWeather should work fine on OS 6. I'm using it on my Torch.

Depending on the version of DM you used to switch devices, you have to explicitly tell it to back up your third party apps, so I'll be that's the case here. You should be able to go to the support forum on Bellshare's website (for your BeWeather app) and switch over to your new device. Here's the link for that.

Sounds like you might have to reinstall any apps you're missing.

Your new threads should be up for the 9780 device and themes.

Thansk for advising on that, thought they woudlnt do that and i would have to buy it all over again.... dont think i clicked the box to update third party apps, will have to retry that again when i get home....

Unfortunately you're out of luck on the third party app thing. It happens at the point when you back up your old device.

If you still have the 9700, I guess you could do the switch all over again. I've never tried that before, so let me know if you're able to recover that way.

yeah thats a point i coudl do that at home, wipe the 9780 and then reload.... would that drag the apps over to the 9780 witht he settings do you know... ive also bebuzz which is a LED notication thing so perhaps it works the same way and I can get that carried over without paying for it again

thanks again for you help

Yep, I've got most of the Bellshare apps and they all transferred over to my Torch. I know most apps support OS 6.0, if you've got current versions.

Make sure you have DM 6 and you check the box for third party apps this time around. It should back up and move everything over to the 9780, including your settings. I would still download BBSAK and use it to save your third party apps, just in case, as well as doing regular backup with DM. IMO, it's easier to wipe the device with BBSAK, as well.

cheers just did as you suggested wiped the 9780 and re switched it and the 3rd party apps are moved across aswell...just setting them up now.....

real shame about the themes, i googled theme builder but it seems the beta only works on the torch...
    Last edited by stolt; 11-23-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Hopefully we'll get an official version of TB 6 pretty soon. I know there are people who have done OS 6 themes. Just not sure of any for the 9780 since it's such a new device.

yeah ive had a quick look around, patience isnt something i have very much of. cant seem to find and set up BeBUZZ thoug i can see it on the home screen click on it and it says i can go to blackberry options and then applications but cant seem to be able to find where you allocate a colour to a contact or email address .

There's a new version of BeBuzz where you can go directly into the app from the home screen icon. Not sure if you have that one. Otherwise, go to Options>Third Party Applications.

cheers, that worked a treat....

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think you may want to update your profile since still says you got a 9000
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is anyone having fits getting BeeJive to work? I am using that to access Facecbook Chat, ICQ, and MySpace Chat. A few minutes into a conversation, it freezes and gives me an uncaught exception error and then shuts down. The error I get is the following: "Uncaught exception: Application BeeJive (301) is not responding; process terminated."

Everything else works WONDERFULLY. I have submitted a support email to their CS because the latest OS they mention supporting is OS5 but it lists the Bold 97xx series as being compatible too.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-18-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast