Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

No, I meant fix the errors on your old card. You said when you copied ... BlackBerry Bold forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

No, I meant fix the errors on your old card. You said when you copied stuff over to the new one, it said there were some errors.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    My old card is fine; I can move it between phones and it works flawlessly. However when I did copy all the info from the old card (8GB) to the new card (32GB) I get messages which I think is related to the same issues I am having with a blank card.

I am currently formatting the card - not a quick format

capacity 31.2 gb
    File System FAT 32 (default)
    Allocation unit size: 64 kilobites

I am still waiting to see if this format helps with the card.

Follow-up:
    The formatting went ok, I installed the card in the phone and I did not get any error messages.
    Now I am copying the data from my 8GB card over to the 32GB card!

Follow-up:
    New message wgen I insert the 32GB card into the phone

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. DO you wish to repair the Media Card now?"

Should I select YES or NO?

Follow-up:
    I selected NO and went into the Music folder and there is no music there
    I wrote myself an email to attach to it a whole bunch of documents to it but when I went to find the documents their respective folders are empty.

If I put the card back into a reader I can see all the files, music, pictures and documents!

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by tessitori; 12-06-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Okay, for whatever reason, there is an incompatibility with the format of the data on the 8gb card vs. the 32gb card.

Sounds like you've determined that the card is good. It's just that the data on one card isn't gonna work on the other for whatever reason. I don't think you're going to be able to copy data from one card to the other. Whatever you want on your 32gb card will need to be replicated from the other card. In other words, hopefully you have the same stuff on the PC that you can load directly to the 32gb card instead of from one card to the other.

ok, I formatted the card and attempted to copy the files from my desktop to the formatted card. Everything appears to copy over ok but when I install the card I get the error message that I get anytime I install the card into the phone.

Geez, I'm out of ideas. How long have you had the card? Can you exchange it?

I have had it too long! I am thinking about purchasing another one and try this experiment all over again. What I found most odd is that from day 1 the card did not function correctly when inserted into the phone.

That leads me to believe it has something to do with the card. It should basically be plug and play.

What the heck took ya so long to use it, anyway?

I used it right away then had trouble and while I was traveling I did not have time to play with it! No recourse with Paypal since the transaction is over 30 days old or whatever their policy is.
    Now has anyone successfully used a 32GB card in a 9700? If so what was the cards brand? Where was it purchased?

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3
    For what it's worth I use a 16GB car a 9700, and whilst it formats and works ok the sound recorder keeps freezing when recording if I save to the card (other than in its root folder). No such problems with a 4GB card...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    What class are your two memory cards? It could be a speed issue with the 16gb due to a lower class card, especially if you are low on memory internally on the phone.

Zo

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just got a 32 GB card & it's working perfectly fine in my 9700 (which is running OS v6.0.0.418). I did not or needed to format the card either.

Adam,
    what brand card did you get and from where did you purchase it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123