Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Try some simple steps to isolate the problem. Format the card using your desktop. Copy ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tclaremont no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Try some simple steps to isolate the problem. Format the card using your desktop. Copy a bunch of stuff to the card. Try the card in a device other than your computer or the BB. What do you get? If you CAN'T read what is on the card, it pretty much eliminates the phone as the culprit.

I was always under the impression that the phone could only accomodate 16gb, but it has been forever (in phone years) since I looked into it.

BTW: What is the brand and model of the card? Please don't tell us you bought it on ebay from a seller in the Far East. They are famous for being junk cards.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    According to RIM, the 9700 should be able to handle the 32gb card.
    Which means - - Let's start from the beginning. Tessitori, when you are formatting the 32gig card, are you using the 9700 to do the format? My current card was formatted on a Nokia device, and it's a little quirky. Roger, nice find - tessitori was ahead of us on that one:
    I thought that the memory card was also a function of the OS that is installed on the phone!

Quote Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
    Try some simple steps to isolate the problem. Format the card using your desktop. Copy a bunch of stuff to the card. Try the card in a device other than your computer or the BB. What do you get? If you CAN'T read what is on the card, it pretty much eliminates the phone as the culprit.
    Excellent post tclaremont! Finally, someone with LOGIC!! HA!!

Hey, even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    So an email so support @ RIM might be the next step to solve this mysterious issue! I will do this an then report back. I was just reading today that the new Bold will be able to have 32Gb of storage running OS6 which I am doing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Which means - - Let's start from the beginning. Tessitori, when you are formatting the 32gig card, are you using the 9700 to do the format? My current card was formatted on a Nokia device, and it's a little quirky. Roger, nice find - tessitori was ahead of us on that one:
    Hi there, now that I am done traveling for the year I am ready t tackle this again as it just irks me to have a 32gb card that I cannot use.

Mark, yes I did try to have the 9700 format the card and that did not work. So would anyone want to format it for me LOL?

ok, found the card, inserted it in the 9700 and this is the message I get:

"A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?"

I just clicked yea and lets see what happens ...

I get the following message after clicking yes

"if the clusters are found during the repair, do you with to save them?"

I am going to click yes and lets see what happens ...

The phone took about 1 hour and then rebooted itself.

When I tried taking a picture and saving it to the media card the message

"Media card is not readable and picture will be saved (other location).

"A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?"

When I click no, the phone does not even recognize the card!

Should I just throw away this card?
    Last edited by tessitori; 12-06-2010 at 11:30 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sounds like you're making progress.

I am making no progress, regardless of how I try formatting the card I get the error messages.

I will paypal $10.00 to the person that will format the card for me!

I didn't see where you did this, but do you have an adapter you can use to try and read the card on the desktop?

Roger, I did try it on my laptop (Win 7) and desktop (Win XP); I can try again this evening when I get home from the office!
    I have different options when formatting it, which option should I choose/select?

What are the options? Unless you have stuff on there you can't live without. Wipe the bad boy clean and start from scratch.

You might also find some clues in this thread about how to fix the errors in the files on your old card.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    What are the options? Unless you have stuff on there you can't live without. Wipe the bad boy clean and start from scratch.
    Roger, there is no data in there whatsoever, I purchased the card new and was never able to use it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast