I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this but just cannot fathom it or find ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Font issue when sending emails

Advertisement

I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this but just cannot fathom it or find the answer in the online user-guide -

Any emails I send from my BB are received in Courier New font and I can't seem to change the font.

Any ideas ?

Also - is there the option to remove the 'sent from my Blackberry' signature (or change it), or am I blaspheming on this forum to ask such a question ?

TIA

SM

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    First question...answer... Don't think the font can be changed...

Second question... You can remove the "sent from bb" and even change it to a signature of your choice...

Before this, you will have to go into "Email Settings" from your setup folder on your bb, and create an account if you don't already have one... The option for that will be near the bottom of the page... Scroll down...

You will have to log into your bis account from your carrier's blackberry services page... For eg. Mine is ufone.blackberry.com. This has to be done from a PC

Enter your username and password and go in to edit your email accout... One by one you can go in and edit the signatures...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    If you have TMO you can login to your account on there website there is a link that allows you to add or edit email accounts. I can edit what the signature says from there. Also another option is, to save a signature into the autotext and assign it a easy to remember shortcut so i can add it when ever i want to. As far as the font im not really sure maybe try to change the device font and see what that gets ya. Good luck

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    As far as sending email from your blackberry, it sends as plain text only, you have no control over the font. The only way you can send an HTML email is if you are replying to an email that is in HTML, but even so, you still cannot change the font, it will be in the font of the email you are replying to.

Follow red's instructions to change your signature. Who is your carrier? That kind of info is definitely helpful to have in your profile for when you have questions. But no, you are not "blaspheming." We're not like that here. Search is your friend, but no matter what, we're always happy to help.

If you post who your carrier is, I can give you a link to your BIS site to make it easier to change your settings.

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey MotoUP

Carrier is UK Orange.

TIA
    SM

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Okay, I think this is the link. if it doesn't work for you, let me know.

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=orangeuk