has anyone found how to stream any you tube material on the bold? im in ... BlackBerry Bold forum

-5.0- no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207D1BB6

flash for bold?

Advertisement

has anyone found how to stream any you tube material on the bold?

im in canada and im with rogers. iv also been having trouble with the G3
    connectivity but its on and off and rogers said they are trouble shooting with
    their servers.

anyway id like to be able to get something rolling.. also my web browser looks messed up text is over lapping and it lets me click on things that dont appear to be
    there. need help with this. just wondering if anyone else is going through what i am.
    "COMMON SENSE AINT COMMON"

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    The Bold's browser does not support flash, so the only way you can stream youtube videos is by using m.youtube.com or any site similar to www.tinytube.net

There have been reports of people having problems with the Bold's 3G that is similar to what some iPhone users are experiencing. Although some people are experiencing no problems at all with their 3G coverage. So I say that if they network is fine then you should try exchanging the device for another Bold from your carrier if that is an option.

For the browser I would suggest making sure that the browser is set to page view if you are visiting regular web pages and checking all of the options under Browser Configuration to see if that helps.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    207D1BB6
    Quote Originally Posted by XLiMBS View Post
    The Bold's browser does not support flash, so the only way you can stream youtube videos is by using m.youtube.com or any site similar to www.tinytube.net

There have been reports of people having problems with the Bold's 3G that is similar to what some iPhone users are experiencing. Although some people are experiencing no problems at all with their 3G coverage. So I say that if they network is fine then you should try exchanging the device for another Bold from your carrier if that is an option.

For the browser I would suggest making sure that the browser is set to page view if you are visiting regular web pages and checking all of the options under Browser Configuration to see if that helps.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ya iv done that its not on colum. but ya its still all cramp and odd looking.. its not right.
    and well i thought this phone did flash thats why i got it.. so far this phone is goin back to where it came from.. ill give them a couple days as the product is still new to them and they are working the bugs out.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Do you have the Bold right now or just testing it. Where are you from?

PIN/ID
    207D1BB6
    i own own it and im in canada..

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    I have actually found that using Column view is a much more readable set up for browsing...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have no problem at all viewing any youtube videos at all.... go to m.youtube.com on your bb browser.. ive watched a few dozen at least.. on and off wi-fi..
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    207D1BB6
    huh yea that works.. but still how do we get flash for other sites.. for other vids.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Quote Originally Posted by -5.0- View Post
    huh yea that works.. but still how do we get flash for other sites.. for other vids.
    There's really no way to view flash on websites since the browser on BlackBerry's don't support it

PIN/ID
    207D1BB6
    well what the hell i heard this phone did.. what makes the iphone so special that it can play flash

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah same here i havent had ANY problem. just go to m.youtube.com pick your video then it opens the media player and streams it

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by -5.0- View Post
    well what the hell i heard this phone did.. what makes the iphone so special that it can play flash
    The iPhone doesn't play Flash.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Flash would great to have. There is a browser out called skyfire that supports flash. Their website says they are planning on making it for BlackBerry. But no time table as of when. Hopefully with the release of the bold. And a touch berry before long they will make it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    207D1BB6
    I hope the touch berry doesant come out any time soon I just got the bold
    I wanna at least enjoy this phone before something better comes along

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh man i couldnt care less about the touch berry. the one scaring me is the javelin, im scared its size and thinness is gonna make me forget all about 3G and make me want it when i just gotmy bold.