I just picked up my Bold from AT&T yesterday, and I am having issues with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

boohaha13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Flaky wifi

Advertisement

I just picked up my Bold from AT&T yesterday, and I am having issues with my Wifi connection flaking out. It will work fine, and then all of a sudden I'll get massive packet loss. After some time, if I try to refresh whatever I'm doing, I"ll get an error message about lack of Internet connectivity (despite 3G still being up).

When I go to manage connections, the Wifi box is still checked to show it is on, but the green check on the right is replaced by a simple dash. Turning off Wifi and turning it back on seems to solve the problem, but this happens easily a couple of times an hour if I'm using it nonstop.

Is anyone else encountering a similar problem?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by boohaha13 View Post
    I just picked up my Bold from AT&T yesterday, and I am having issues with my Wifi connection flaking out. It will work fine, and then all of a sudden I'll get massive packet loss. After some time, if I try to refresh whatever I'm doing, I"ll get an error message about lack of Internet connectivity (despite 3G still being up).

When I go to manage connections, the Wifi box is still checked to show it is on, but the green check on the right is replaced by a simple dash. Turning off Wifi and turning it back on seems to solve the problem, but this happens easily a couple of times an hour if I'm using it nonstop.

Is anyone else encountering a similar problem?
    Yes I have the very same problem, and WiFi is mission critical for me as I use it everywhere, everyday. My main internet connection. T-1 to WiFi at home, the office, the hotels I stay in for business travel and Starbucks where I meet clients or take a break. This is not a problem with your device but rather a design issue of the Bold. It's documented in some other reviews. It's just one of the reasons that I'm no longer using my Bold.

That said I'm sure RIM will have it sorted out and working very well on the 9010 which is due in about 5 months, it's version 2.0 of the Bold.