Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My .02-I had an upgrade this week at ATT, could have gone with the new ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

My .02-I had an upgrade this week at ATT, could have gone with the new 3G Iphone for less than what I paid for my 8900 and quite a bit less than I paid for my Bold. The Iphone is great, but for me nothing beats a Berry.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PhuFighter no está en línea Stack level 1
    Heh. I bought both a BB bold an a white iphone 3g last august (that was a nasty invoive, I tell ya..) And I am still using the BB. Switching the SIM card back and forth proved to be a major pain, as is trying to get two sets of chargers for the office, the car, living room, bedroom..

The dealbreaker was, ultimately, the background apps for me. Browsing was secondary to running my gps tracker/IM apps in the background while doing other things.and neither is really any good for battery life. I still had to buy an ipod to listen to music without fear of killing my phone.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by ZH3NGER View Post
    The iPhone is a great phone and it has given so much entertainment..
    This statement sums it up for me.

The iPhone is a toy.

ZH3NGER no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by taynepope View Post
    dear Z,

You made some excellent points. I think that no one phone is best for everyone. althogh i have a curve, i do think that the 3gS and Bold have their differing strengths.
    What is unique is that apple is closing the gap that was once "markedly large" b/twn iphone and bb with apple's 3.0 launch and the 3gS itself.

we are going to try the 3gS in Aug and if ATT doesn't give us good coverage (w/tmo now) then we'll go to VZW to see if their coverage is better.

I guess i'm trying to say that the features of a phone are important but hands down EVERYONE needs a phone that can just "BE A PHONE" sometimes (hold and maintain calls).
    I agree.

Everyone has their taste in phones and comparing the iPhone and blackberry, there are going to be pros and cons on both phones. One phone will not be better then the other phone depending on what you use the phones for. I'm sure all phones have their strenght and weaknesses depending on the user.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well I just switched from an 8310 to the Bold yesterday and I can tell you if what I see of battery life is normal for the Bold it is going back before my 30 days are up. I know I just charged it for the first time but I took it off the charger right before going to bed and 7 hours later it was down to 70%. I keep it silent all night. As for the thread I would like to play with an i phone but don't think I could every depend on a phone I couldn't pop the back off and replace the battery in.

MRSONPOINT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21735FA7

I have a Bold and a Storm

I love the storm, its a great phone. But the 1 thing I hate about the storm is that whenever i receive an Instant Message, Email or Text & im playing trhe music, the music stops 2 play the music 4 the menmtioned apps abpve. Evenb when i use the camera it does that. The Bold or Curve does not do that. The only time the musiuc stops ius when u access the vid cam or is receiving a call. I really love the storm, but i have 2 give it up, I'm getting my bold back. The storm is running 4.7 os, I am wondering if there is anyway I can getr that for the bold. someone help me plz

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Well I just switched from an 8310 to the Bold yesterday and I can tell you if what I see of battery life is normal for the Bold it is going back before my 30 days are up. I know I just charged it for the first time but I took it off the charger right before going to bed and 7 hours later it was down to 70%. I keep it silent all night. As for the thread I would like to play with an i phone but don't think I could every depend on a phone I couldn't pop the back off and replace the battery in.
    B, drop the $50 for the Seidio 3500 extended battery, its worth every penny.

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    i want to switch and try the iphone 3gS (also to spike my brother, for he has the 3G ) hah. but too expensive to switch/buy the new phone. GG smartphone! either choice is a good choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12