Can a FAN equipment discount be used towards the 2 year contract price of $399 ... BlackBerry Bold forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

FAN discounts

Advertisement

Can a FAN equipment discount be used towards the 2 year contract price of $399 (less $100 rebate)? $399 less 20%=$319.20 less $100 rebate=$219.20. Also have to add sales taxes in there.

I called customer care today and this is what the rep had to say...

"eligible for early upgrade, 20% off equipment and service according to FAN."

She notated it my account and even sent me an email with the above info.

Typhoid no está en línea Stack level 2
    Absolutely! Whatever customer service says, goes in the stores. (which is not always best for the stores) But especially if you have it in wrting, it will be honored.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sweet and I do have it in writing in an email. I should of just ordered the dang phone on the spot. I bet there would of been some hitches if the rep placed the order, but it is in writing and they have to honor it.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Dumb question of the day...

What fan discount are you referring to?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

johnbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    as an employee of the biz department of att mobilityi create new FANs on a daily basis.....and the discount is not applicable to the 2 year price. if you find a schmuck willing to do it more power to you....but the FAN discounts give you the option of accepting ATT's two year price, or the FAN discounted price...in most cases it is more beneficial to purchase at the listed 2 year discount price.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Johnbb is correct. Our region got urgent notice to not sell for a price different than the $399 price. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

johnbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    but unfortunalty with a company as large as AT&T its impossible to keep the reigns on everyone.......it is policy.....but just stick to the "customer service said so" and someone will fold.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Some will, but we don't let customer care run our store because of the time they fold down just to have someone shutup.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep. No Fan on top of two year.