How do I get them back again? I can see them on my phone but ... BlackBerry Bold forum

IntegritySaves no está en línea Stack level 1

Factory installed ringtones QUIT WORKING!

Advertisement

How do I get them back again? I can see them on my phone but they wont play in media player, and when I try to set one of them as a ringtone, I get an error saying it's an invalid ringtone. This is after a visit to my local provider for another probelm....

Original problem: My Bold 9k camera stopped opening, giving me an error saying that other applications are open. Went to the local store to see what they could do. They did something and the camera still does not work, and now my factory installed ringtones wont play. They show that they are there, but they wont play.

So now: No camera, and no factory ringtones. ANY HELP?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What did they do at the store? Did they tell you what they were doing?

Do you have the latest OS on your device?

IntegritySaves no está en línea Stack level 1
    Went in last week about the camera problem. Several battery pulls and the camera came back. Went home, tried camera and it failed again, so I didn't worry about it. That night, I DL'd and installed latest OS, camera still not working. Bored yesterday, so I went back in about the camera. They cleared my cache, not fixing the camera. They wanted to do a Factory Reset but I was not syncronized with my computer so I left and went home. Noticed last night that my factory ringtones appear, but don't work.

Thanks for your help, by the way.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you wipe the device prior to installing the new OS? That might be worth a shot. Do you have BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife)? Makes it easy to wipe your device clean prior to an OS install. You can also use BBSAK to back up any 3rd party apps you might have. www.bbsak.org

Are your ringtones the canned BlackBerry ones?