So I just got my Bold and installed Facebook. Now I'm getting my notifications, but ... BlackBerry Bold forum

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Facebook and the Bold

Advertisement

So I just got my Bold and installed Facebook. Now I'm getting my notifications, but when I try to post on someone's wall I get the red X. Don't know why, I can send email through all accounts on my BIS and BES. I'm stumped.

HELP!

Update: It appears I can poke. I'll continue to test other functions and check back in.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by 8800bruin View Post
    So I just got my Bold and installed Facebook. Now I'm getting my notifications, but when I try to post on someone's wall I get the red X. Don't know why, I can send email through all accounts on my BIS and BES. I'm stumped.

HELP!
    I was getting that as well, but I would just try to resend. What totally sucks is when you reply to someone and it doesn't go through the first time, you have to copy and paste what you wrote into another screen for it to go through. It eventually worked for me. Maybe you should try deleting the FB application on your phone, restarting your phone and then reinstalling it again.

So the funny thing is when it comes to everyone but the guy I was trying to post to, the application works perfectly! Really weird. Oh well, guess I'll just have to live not writing on this persons wall from my berry.

CASE CLOSED! =)

One last update and we can put this to rest. The guys wall was disabled. They should have some kind of error description when you get the red X. Hopefully the new version next month will have it.

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    where do i get the facebook app for the bold?
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    where do i get the facebook app for the bold?
    From your blackberry browser: http://www.blackberry.com/facebook

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    thanks man i appreciate it
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    I tell you what this app is awesome. Between this aim,yahoo messenger, myspace app, and the google gmail app, I'm set. I can do whatever I want when I want and how I want to do it. So far this phone has been everything I have been looking for and so much more.

Oh and by the way this was posted via BB Bold 9000. forgot to add that in so i edited it through my computer.
    Last edited by manoffire21; 12-06-2008 at 03:47 AM. Reason: trying out posting on my new bold