Hi Guys Two issues hope somebody can shed some light on either or both. Firstly ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jack no está en línea Stack level 2

facebook & memory card

Advertisement

Hi Guys

Two issues hope somebody can shed some light on either or both.

Firstly I dropped my bold and it seems my micro sd got wiped of all content, could this be possible?...and is there anyway of retrieving all my music and photos?

Secondly, got my 5th Bold replacement(different issues about not reading memory card, not charging properly, backup and restore impossible et cetera et cetera, have to say, love the phone when it works but I havent found it as straight forward as my Pearl) Facebook wasnt installed as it was on my last handset so Ive gone online and installed it it even quoted me the version I had on the phone but couldnt find it downloaded and installed , told me I had to reboot which I ok'd.When it rebooted , couldnt find it again so I repeated the exercise.This time it confirmed that the latest version again was present should I install over which I again said blah blah blah.So, where is this installed facebook app hiding its not in the download folder where it should be,any ideas learned ones?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    memory card -- is it not showing anything on the media card from the blackberry? maybe hook it up to pc using mass storage mode check to see if you can browse it that way?

facebook -- delete any versions that you have installed. if it doesn't ask to reboot, do a power off/then battery pull. then once its initialized, redownload.

Cherri thanks a lot for replying

I changed the theme and there it was lurking in the folder it def wasnt in before!

As for the memory card , it has saved pix Ive taken since but lost all that was on there before seemingly? Ive had problems achieving mass storage , I do prefer that method rather than DM but even though its set to prompt me, when I connect via USB I can never see it as a drive, major frustration!

Any help on that would really be appreciated

PIN/ID
    ATA
    do you have two windows that pop up when plugging in to usb?

i have one for the media card and one for the on board memory. are you sure you are checking the right place?

also, do you have a reader for the card? maybe take it out of the bold, put it in the reader and check to see if the content is still there? i just have a problem believing that all your stuff is gone from one drop. i hope i am right and not wrong

what OS are you runnign on your PC?

Havent tried to 'read' card in anything else yet.I dont get any windows pop up via USB...with previous bolds it wasnt a problem but now seems there is, Im running Vista

PIN/ID
    ATA
    go into media card settings and make sure that mass storage mode is set to on (these are obvious to me, but not to some, so i hope you do not get offended by the questions/directions).

what OS are you running?

Dont worry about the obvious idiot proof is what I need so dont worry about that.Yeah, all prompts, on in memory??

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Cherri thanks a lot for replying

I changed the theme and there it was lurking in the folder it def wasnt in before!

As for the memory card , it has saved pix Ive taken since but lost all that was on there before seemingly? Ive had problems achieving mass storage , I do prefer that method rather than DM but even though its set to prompt me, when I connect via USB I can never see it as a drive, major frustration!

Any help on that would really be appreciated
    Custom themes can have a habit of hiding icons. The one I use currently hides the phone log by default. So it was likely in that folder, but hidden. As far as the mass storage, mode, yes, like Cherri said, make sure 'Enable Mass Storage Mode' is set to either 'On' or 'Prompt'. You may also want to check out this thread for problems with MSM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS