Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Love the new BOLD! Everything works perfectly - except Documents To Go. Just trying to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Everything works...except DocsToGo! :(

Advertisement

Love the new BOLD! Everything works perfectly - except Documents To Go. Just trying to open it generates error messages. And this is a program I actually use daily to review radio and TV scripts.

I don't want to mess up anything else - can someone tell me the easiest, safest way to re-install (?) _only_ DocsToGo? (This was one of the most unstable apps when I had a Treo-650 - I wish Mobi would put their "Office Suite" together for the BB Bold! )

Thanks for any suggestions.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i have it working perfectly on my bold ... hmmm ... try reinstalling the OS but by selecting JUST Docstogo.
    and if you cant do that then try upgrading your OS which one are you running at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i have it working perfectly on my bold ... hmmm ... try reinstalling the OS but by selecting JUST Docstogo.
    and if you cant do that then try upgrading your OS which one are you running at the moment?
    It says: "v4.6.0.125 (Platform 4.0.0.134)"

Does that mean anything? (Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a writer. Electronic toys, no matter how sophisticated, are just working "tools" to me. LOL! That's why this is such a great place to hang out.)

PIN/ID
    AskMe

haha no worries
    check your PMs
    Will do, thanks. (And I often tell my wife to "check your PMS!" - and then I duck! )

PIN/ID
    AskMe

hahahahahaha should i ?
    Naw - her aim isn't great! Just stand behind me, I'm a big guy. LOL!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hahaha btw pmed you about boxwave.

So yeah to go back on topic, try doing what i said in the PM and im sure everything will work again, then you can report back here and let us know

hahaha btw pmed you about boxwave.

So yeah to go back on topic, try doing what i said in the PM and im sure everything will work again, then you can report back here and let us know
    Will do. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    youre welcome

oh and for other people to know :
    what i told him in the PM is to reinstall the OS using the latest 4.6 desktop manager following this tutorial available on bbcool :
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/0...erry-software/

youre welcome

oh and for other people to know :
    what i told him in the PM is to reinstall the OS using the latest 4.6 desktop manager following this tutorial available on bbcool :
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/0...erry-software/
    To be honest...now that I have downloaded everything, I'm a bit leery of actually installing this "upgrade". The text constantly refers to DT 4.5 (well, my Bold package came with 4.6 already) and my son just reminded me that it might be better to wait a bit. We've had some bad experiences with OS "upgrades" from Rogers Wireless when we should have waited a bit for more knowledgeable users to report and fix the bugs. If I crash this BB today or tomorrow, I will be in big doo-doo, work wise. Can't take the chance. Any comments on the stability of this OS "upgrade"? Is it worth it ("multilingual" is the keyword? Who cares.) Anyone had any problems? Sorry - I'm usually not this paranoid! Yes, I am.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i personally used this upgrade and everything went just fine
    and make sure you delete the vendor.xml file so you can actually use the upgrade as it is not a rogers release.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i deleted mine
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    you deletted your DocsToGo ? why lol ?
    i actually make use of it on a daily basis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast