I wanted to share my tale of awesomeness with you. How to use your Bold ... BlackBerry Bold forum

angerla no está en línea Stack level 1

even cooler things you didnt know you could do you with your bold..

Advertisement

I wanted to share my tale of awesomeness with you.

How to use your Bold as a flashlight:

Thats right. The light went out in my dungeon of a stockroom at Wireless Wave, and guess what I did? Busted out the light on the video camera as a flashlight and impressed the socks right off of my manager.

What are some creative ways that you guys have used the features on your Bolds?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I do the same with my curve . Works nicely. I'm glad you're enjoying your bold.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep...electricity went out in Philly for 8 hours....I just set my flash to be on at all times using the video camera, and wallah! an automatic flashlight

I laugh out loud at all those flashlight programs that just turn your screen white

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    Yep...electricity went out in Philly for 8 hours....I just set my flash to be on at all times using the video camera, and wallah! an automatic flashlight

I laugh out loud at all those flashlight programs that just turn your screen white
    That's because RIM didn't allow programmers to access the flash. So a white screen is the best we could do lol.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    That's because RIM didn't allow programmers to access the flash. So a white screen is the best we could do lol.
    it also seems the didn't allow any access to the speaker for phone convo recording =(

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    it also seems the didn't allow any access to the speaker for phone convo recording =(
    They seems to have kept many of the APIs private for themselves lol but I think some were opened up in the new 4.7 API.

BiggDaddyDutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by angerla View Post
    I wanted to share my tale of awesomeness with you.

How to use your Bold as a flashlight:

Thats right. The light went out in my dungeon of a stockroom at Wireless Wave, and guess what I did? Busted out the light on the video camera as a flashlight and impressed the socks right off of my manager.

What are some creative ways that you guys have used the features on your Bolds?

What store you at?
    Cheers
    BiggDaddy
    my thumbs hurt.......

angerla no está en línea Stack level 1
    ww118!

i got recruited from Bell a week ago actually... hahah.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    This isn't a tale of awesomness such as the one highlighted above, but I think its pretty cool. Its also not a tale about the bold exactly, but rather how you can use a blutooth as a proximity sensor.

The otherday I was showing my bold to a customer who wanted to buy one (he just didn't know it yet... Came in for the "free phone".) After showing him a few movies I had and how the speakers sounded for music, he decided to get one. After setting him up with the phone and downloading a theme from PS to get him hooked, he grabbed his phone and left. As he was walking away my Blue Ant started beeping in my ear. I looked at my phone and saw he had grabbed mine instead! By this time he was almost to his car so I sprinted after and handed him HIS phone and got mine back... He was embarrassed, but I said it was all good.

I now keep my bt headset on all the time!!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    LoL.... I was at the Edmonton Twestival on Thursday night. I needed an outlet for my laptop.... The light on my 8900 helped me hunt one down.....

But, I will not be truly amazed by a Blackberry until I wake up one day and my Berry has made morning COFFEE!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan