Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Guys, I tried to download .185 off the blackberry web site twice. I get ... BlackBerry Bold forum

vanity101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FA577

Error Downloading 185

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

I tried to download .185 off the blackberry web site twice. I get all excited and worked up after waiting for it to download for over an hour....... and when I try to install it, it gives me an error saying "Error reading file setup" or something like that.

I really want 190 but all the rapidshare links have been removed. Maybe I should just wait.

PIN: 249FA577

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity101 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I tried to download .185 off the blackberry web site twice. I get all excited and worked up after waiting for it to download for over an hour....... and when I try to install it, it gives me an error saying "Error reading file setup" or something like that.

I really want 190 but all the rapidshare links have been removed. Maybe I should just wait.

PIN: 249FA577
    Hmm, did you delete the vendor.xml file?

Did you do all of this? (I got this from Ranxoren)

Just make sure to follow this STEP BY STEP:

Here’s a quick How To on installing 4.x.

Follow these instructions exactly and you should be able to have OS 4.x working.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can’t stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) If you haven’t already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. I other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an At&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-At&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.

5.) Delete the ‘Vendor.xml’ file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer’s hard drive for the “vendor.xml” file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. (’Vendor.xml‘ must be deleted for this step to work).

When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn’t backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like a bad file. Demon, I think he is having problems at step 4 in you list. Probably something happening at step 3. Is your connection very slow? Is there another place you can download the file?
    Sorry I can't be of more help.

Quote Originally Posted by ccostel View Post
    Sounds like a bad file. Demon, I think he is having problems at step 4 in you list. Probably something happening at step 3. Is your connection very slow? Is there another place you can download the file?
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Perhaps it is a bad file. If so, you may want to delete it and try re downloading it though it may take quite a while.

PIN/ID
    249FA577
    thanks for your replies guys.

ive updated software before when i had my curve.... it just seems like a bad file. but its off the bb website! i wonder if they wil be fixing that anytime soon.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Are you downloading the TIM italy file? I just dl'ed it and it worked fine.

PIN/ID
    249FA577
    That's the one.. This was yesterday afternoon. Let me try it again... But its gonna take an hour to download again i will post my results.

PIN/ID
    249FA577
    WHY WHY???????

I finished downloading it again and I hit "run" to install the file... and I get the error again...

"Error reading setup initialization file".

WHYYYYYYYY MEEEEEEE.
    *sniffles*

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    It sounds like it is an issue with your computer....sorry. Try downloading it from another machine and then transferring it to yours and then running the installer.

rovermama no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just downloaded the same os file (TIM Italy .185) and cannot find the "vendor.xml" to delete anywhere! I should find and delete that first, right? I'm on att...

Sorry to jump in this thread...I feel your pain vanity101!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    249FA577
    hey rover.......

i think you have to install the file first and then before loading it into your BB, you have to go into the system and delete vendor.xml

Yep. Was just coming back to post that I found it. I knew I would. I haven't upgraded an os in a long time! I don't like abandoning my mac for the pc!

Good luck. I'm about to install now...

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Meant to say I knew I would find it as soon as I posted that...I'm so scatterbrained tonight. Sorry!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Why does it take an hour to download? You don't have high speed internet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast