Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It amazes me all the trouble you have had with multiple Bolds. I have now ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

Advertisement

It amazes me all the trouble you have had with multiple Bolds.

I have now purchased three Bolds and not a single problem from day one.

If I would have had even hlaf the trouble you had, I would be looking at another device.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    It amazes me all the trouble you have had with multiple Bolds.

I have now purchased three Bolds and not a single problem from day one.

If I would have had even hlaf the trouble you had, I would be looking at another device.
    Nothing beats a BlackBerry

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Nothing beats a BlackBerry
    This is true... Honestly... I love BB, just not the glitches here and there.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    has any ATT bold user who has pulled the batt not had this problem? is it truely a software issue?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Now I'm not claiming to have any idea into the RIM source code (wish I did), but it seems to me that something has the potential at startup to throw exceptions.

There are many reasons for this so it's really best not to speculate. However, I really am surprised that an issue such as this wasn't found during beta testing.

Then again, it could be a third party app that these people have installed that has some sort of hook into the startup logic. Not sure why RIM would allow such things, but again, I'm just speculating.

Man! I really wish I had the source code for these things some days! I do this type of thing for a living and really would enjoy attempting fix such problems!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I get the same thing any time I remove a 3rd party theme. Once the theme gets deleted, the device wants a restart. I agree and when it restarts, those Java lang errors pop up, half the icons on the home screen are missing and the cycle begins. Reset a couple of times and the problem goes away until I find another theme I'd like to try.

30 day period ends on Wednesday. Not sure what to do. It's not really a huge problem as I could just stop downloading themes but there could be an underlying issue in software that's just waiting to rear its ugly head elsewhere.

I have no third party apps or any other additional software on this new Bold. Its just as it came out of the box. As I compose this post it doesn't even wrap the text. So I'm working with one long line of text that disappears on the left side of the display. There is no way to see what you've written. What a joke this is. I'm sitting here in disbelief. That RIM would ship this, is just stupid.

~via BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by archer6; 12-02-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Poor Bold Browser

Clifford938 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a57ef3
    I agree, I like my Bold but not those kinds of small glitches, which is why I went back to my Pearl. I do miss the 3G but everything else works every time on the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Now I'm not claiming to have any idea into the RIM source code (wish I did), but it seems to me that something has the potential at startup to throw exceptions.

I really am surprised that an issue such as this wasn't found during beta testing.

Man! I really wish I had the source code for these things some days! I do this type of thing for a living and really would enjoy attempting fix such problems!
    I also wish you had the source code.

My concern is that RIM is so immersed in putting out fires right now that they have no time to focus on this. It's simply mind boggling that after making such a big deal out of the "announcement" this past summer, revealing their new "Flagship" BlackBerry Bold, that they would release it so late, and with so many bugs.

I'm convinced that they have fallen into this pit of competition with themselves. "How many new phones can we develop concurrently?"

Where once, they would issue a press release of an upcoming new model, then focus, get it done, and release it. They have now diverted away from that tried and true path. Originally the focus "was" on the Bold, only to be surprised to find that they had also developed and brought the Pearl 8220 to market _before_ the Bold, then to learn of all of the other devices that were also being created, it's no surprise the Bold lacks the normal level of BB excellence.

Finally to further exacerbate the problem, now having released the mediocre Bold, and even more troubled Storm, they are so busy dealing with problems, and bad press, it prevents them from focusing on their core business. Building world class smartphones.

I really am surprised that an issue such as this wasn't found during beta testing.
    I concur.

I truly do believe this is a serious indicator of how deep of a hole RIM has dug for itself in deciding to create this explosion of R&D madness. "Let's build as many models as we can, then we'll sort out the problems later." When I hear the predictions and hints of the myriad of upcoming new devices, the numbers are staggering. This from a company that was on a solid, clear path to greatness.

To keep up with this explosion of new devices, seems to be more than RIM can handle, or at least handle properly.

I am concerned...

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford938 View Post
    I agree, I like my Bold but not those kinds of small glitches, which is why I went back to my Pearl. I do miss the 3G but everything else works every time on the Pearl
    I believe you've made a very smart move. As unfortunate as it is, especially after one puts out that much cash for the "latest flagship from RIM", we are left with the facts.

And the facts in my opinion are that the Bold, Pearl 8220 & Storm aside, the very best of the best are the Pearl 81xx series and Curve 83xx series. Hands down, beyond a shadow of a doubt, these are THE BlackBerrys to own and enjoy.

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had the same problems with the original .167 OS that came on my ATT Bold. Also noticed that if hard locked and had to pull the batt w/no key response. About 2 days later, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that my screen was white, presumably had self-reset. I reloaded the OS with .185 and I have seen no problems at all. My Bold has been more responsive to trackball movement(have it on 90/90 and used to lag)

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Since I started using BlackBerry devices close to three years ago, I've remained a loyal supporter. But frankly, for the first time in three years I've started looking elsewhere.

The 3g network has gone live for att in my area and I've started browsing the web more on my device. With those ideas in mind, on the surface, the bold looks like the device for me. But the more I hear about the troubles people are having, the more I realize that I want the stability of my curve, but with 3g speeds.

I honestly don't think I could ever switch away from the BlackBerry mail services as I rely on it too much, but if RIM continues down their current path of pushing quantity over quality, I grow very concerned for the future.

It looks like a 3g version of the 8900 is six months away or more for us att folks. What do I do in the meantime? There are literally tens of 3g smartphones available for far less than $299. RIM needs to either drop the price on the bold, or else offer a 3g device that costs under $200 or else people are going to jump ship.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Since I started using BlackBerry devices close to three years ago, I've remained a loyal supporter. But frankly, for the first time in three years I've started looking elsewhere.

The 3g network has gone live for att in my area and I've started browsing the web more on my device. With those ideas in mind, on the surface, the bold looks like the device for me. But the more I hear about the troubles people are having, the more I realize that I want the stability of my curve, but with 3g speeds.

I honestly don't think I could ever switch away from the BlackBerry mail services as I rely on it too much, but if RIM continues down their current path of pushing quantity over quality, I grow very concerned for the future.

It looks like a 3g version of the 8900 is six months away or more for us att folks. What do I do in the meantime? There are literally tens of 3g smartphones available for far less than $299. RIM needs to either drop the price on the bold, or else offer a 3g device that costs under $200 or else people are going to jump ship.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Excellent Post!

I could not have said it better myself and ironically, I'm feeling the exact same way that you are. If there are as many others as I believe that may be in the same frame of mind that we are, RIM should be very concerned.

Speaking for myself I'm a very big RIM Advocate, but the light is fading...

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    How long have you been running .190? I'm up for changing to the newer OS, but stability is a big issue as my BB is for mission critical work.

Thanks
    I have been using it since I believe early last week (Monday).... It has been doing fine since then, but we all not technology and it doesn't last forever..... but mines is cool now!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast