Greetings All, Ok, finally i got my bold. I didn't use the software yet. I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

candigrl73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    26D70D4B

Enterprise activation

Advertisement

Greetings All,

Ok, finally i got my bold. I didn't use the software yet.

I noticed that it's not showing 3G...what gives?? i added my home network (security code) but still no 3G...am i doing something wrong.

Also, under Enterprise Activation screen...when it asks for your email address and password....does that mean...your bb email address?? and what is the password?? i haven't created one for this device as of yet.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

njected no está en línea Stack level 1
    I will assume that you can make and receive calls. You should see "edge" for BIS and "EDGE" for BES If not you need to call AT&T to get them to activate your Bold. As for the Enterprise Activation, that is for the Blackberry Enterprise Server activation, you will input your company email address and the password (Activation Password) created during the account setup on the BES.

drewasserfall no está en línea Stack level 1

hi guys

please help me, i have a similiar problem, when to setup my email they ask for a Enterprise Activation password, im not on a contract but im sure there is some type of loop hole?
    Another problem is obviously that i cant use the instant messagaging? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Enterprise activation is only for when you are activating your device on an enterprise server. It has nothing to do with a personal email account.

Are you trying to set up a personal or work email address?

drewasserfall no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the reply, and yes im trying to setup personal, but i did try and setup work email, but nothing works,it says activation request failed, a serviceconnection is unavailable? any ideas?

kjaslow no está en línea Stack level 1
    Enterprise activation is only used when your company uses an internal Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). If they do, you would request an account (usually from your I/T department) and once you have an account you would either receive a password to use, or in my company, we just use Desktop Manager while inside the firewall and Enterprise Activation occurs automatically. Also, if this is your setup, then your service provider would also need to set your account up as an Enterprise account.

If, instead you are using your own computer or one you subscribe to as your data server, then you are using the Blackberry Internet Server (BIS) and you do not need to do anything with Enterprise Activation, but instead need to set up your e-mail accounts to be forwarded from the BIS.

Hope that helps. BES vs BIS is probably one of the more confusing things for people new to Blackberries...

Cheers.

frijolito no está en línea Stack level 3
    As a side note, if you do an upgrade sometimes OTA enterprise activation doesn't work. I'm guessing its due to IT policies?

My one neither on the Curve nor the Bold ever did. Just makes sure you have the Desktop manager on you PC at work and leave it connected for a few minutes, once you do the Enterprise activation starts on its own.
    International numptee & Connoisseur of Stella Artois