This is driving me crazy. I cannot figure out how to enter this PIN into ... BlackBerry Bold forum

major2829 no está en línea Stack level 2

Entering Blackberry Generated PIN into Wi-Fi Protected Setup

Advertisement

This is driving me crazy. I cannot figure out how to enter this PIN into my computer. I have Windows Vista and a 2Wire Router. I have looked online and can't seem to find what I am looking for in terms of step-by-step help.

When I try and enter the network manually, I am asked for security information as well. Any help would be appreciated.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional
    Are you trying to just get the bold on your network? If so, all u need is to detect the network on your phone and enter the passcode to access the wifi. You do not have to set up a manual connection on your computer to access your wifi through your bb.

Are you trying to tether it?

major2829 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes. I am trying to use my Blackberry on my WiFi network at home. When I scan for networks, my home network comes up and I accept the network. My BB then puts out a message that I need to enter a PIN (the number is provided on my handset) into my computer. I can't figure out where to enter this PIN on my computer.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional
    you need to go into the router ip address for your 2wire and enter the pin there.

if you need help finding your ip address go to

start>run>type cmd

after c:\ appears type IPCONFIG

enter your default gateway into your browser address field. (ex: 192.1, etc.,
    Last edited by littleacorn; 11-28-2010 at 01:51 PM.