Hey! My mom just got the Bold (Im a pearl user myself) and she wants ... BlackBerry Bold forum

craKKy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301DD51D

Email help!

Advertisement

Hey! My mom just got the Bold (Im a pearl user myself) and she wants to set up her email account to go to her blackberry. She is currently using an exchange server and is using BIS. Is there a way to get her emails to her phone? Thanks in advance!
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm sorry, I have not setup my blackberry's with anything but gmail accounts in the past, but has she tried simply going to email setting in the setup folder and simply adding the email account with the password? I was surprised at first with how easy and quick it is to setup incoming email on my pearl/curve/bold and I'm hoping she's pleased as well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    What service provider does she have?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by craKKy View Post
    Hey! My mom just got the Bold (Im a pearl user myself) and she wants to set up her email account to go to her blackberry. She is currently using an exchange server and is using BIS. Is there a way to get her emails to her phone? Thanks in advance!
    Very easy, two ways, just log in to her BIS account via the web and setup the email accounts or she can setup the email account from her Bold. I personally would do it from the BIS Account and than resend the Service Books (Don't interrupt the process) once all the Service Books are received she will have a "Message Folder" for each email account.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is a way if you are using a webmail exchange system. Some employers will use a webmail system and some won't for security reasons.

If you have a webmail server (this is how I have done it in the past and I'm currently using it as well), I would log into my BIS and add a new email account. I know the immediate settings won't work but I enter the email address and password anyhow and it will take me to an options screen to set up the email yourself.

Select the option to set it up yourself.

after this select the "work email option"

then select the option for webmail user.

The wizard should bring you to your set up page as seen here:

From this point forward it should be fairly straight forward but you may need to get the actual web url from the page after your mom logs into her email. (In other words not the address of the log in page although this is sometimes the one required. But the address from the page that her inbox shows on.)

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    Thanks everyone, I have tried all those options. I tried using the Rogers BIS and that was useless. She uses some sort of exchance, its something like exchange.electric.net? Anyways, its not a webmail email and she uses outlook to access it. Im fairly knowledgable about blackberrys and such but this just has me stumped.
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

craKKy have you tried contacting the IT dept at her work? Sometimes the servers are different and they may be able to help you out. Anyhow, best of luck to you!

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    What I would do in her shoes is talk to someone with her email provider and ask for any/all information that might be needed to setup/access the email. With that information in hand it might be worth calling her cellular provider to ask if they have a blackberry support group. Rogers has one and I think if anything she might be able to get to a second level tech (if necessary) to get it setup.

the other option to use is to forward her exchange mail to a gmail account or something so at least she's getting them on the device.... I know it's not the same though.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by KriK View Post
    the other option to use is to forward her exchange mail to a gmail account or something so at least she's getting them on the device.... I know it's not the same though.
    Good call, there might be more of a risk of conflicting email filters/rules causing duplicate msg's but it'd probably be a heck of a lot easier to setup in the mean time.

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    I told her to ask her IT guy at work and told her to call Rogers and let them deal with her. I have all the correct info, but it just doesnt wanna work. Well thanks for the help guys!
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by craKKy View Post
    I told her to ask her IT guy at work and told her to call Rogers and let them deal with her. I have all the correct info, but it just doesnt wanna work. Well thanks for the help guys!
    No problem, be sure to keep us up to date on any happenings.

PIN/ID
    301DD51D
    Just one more thing, is it possible to set up her outlook work email address on a Outlook Webmail because I know that is an option and Im not sure if I can do it or does her IT guy have to do that?
    PIN ME 301DD51D!!!

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm not sure, I've never setup an outklook webmail, I'd guess if its a work related email the IT guy(s) might have charge over it.

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    Her work outlook account may not allow email forwarding. I know mine doesn't.