My older emails are being deleted. i have my options set to keep emails forever, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Droopidog no está en línea Stack level 2

Email help

Advertisement

My older emails are being deleted. i have my options set to keep emails forever, but still my emails are only being kept for 2 weeks then deleted. What settins or options am I missing that I need to change. This started a few months ago but it is really becoming a problem now.

I am on BIS running 4.6.0.303 software. I have a Rogers bold on AT&T network.

Thanks Kim

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How is your device memory? This shouldn't be a problem on newer devices with additional memory, but any chance you're running out of space?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I hesitate to offer a guess. If you have your option set to keep forever (which I have always used too) it ought to do that...unless the Bold is somehow different. I'm still using the 8330, 4.5, and I'm not aware of any other options.

One last thought, could this be a problem of free memory that is getting low and your msgs are being deleting to free up memory? How much free memory do you have? Options>status and see "file free"
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Device memory is good. I've got 735.7 MB of free space.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Droopidog View Post
    Plenty of memory, then you've got a good problem on your hands - repeat, any Bold users out there that can help Droopidog?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Droopidog View Post
    That's your Device Memory. How much Application Memory is free? I'm pretty sure that it's when the App Memory is getting real low that stuff gets deleted.

I've got 22.4 MB of application memory. Maybe i'll clear some up and see what happens.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    when the memory gets really low it will start deleting txt/emails to clear some memory up- i would suggest only keeping emails for 15-30 days unless you really need to keep emails forever
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)