I dont know whats going on but I set up my Gmail for Imap the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Email deleted on computer not deleting on phone

I dont know whats going on but I set up my Gmail for Imap the way I had it on my curve(is there any other way?) and now I cant get email to reconcile correctly. If I delete it on my phone, it will delete on my computer. But if I delete it on my computer, it stays in the folder on my phone.

I have done battery pulls and resent my service books several times. Dont know what to do next.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Did this work for your curve?

All my accounts are IMAP. The only way this ever works is if I don't open the mail on my phone.

More info:
    If I delete items (opened or unopened) from my BB, they won't show up in my inbox. If I read them, they show up as read in my inbox. This all works as I would expect.

If I delete items from my inbox (via computer) they will delete from the BB if, and only if, I haven't read them on the BB and I give it about 10 minutes or until the next reconciliation occurs. Once I have read them on the BB, it doesn't matter what I do they won't go away unless I delete them on the BB.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

marcan1984 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have my curve set to delete on handheld and mailbox so it deletes on handheld but NOT mailbox.On the computer I checked my mail and I had over 500 emails that should of been deleted-I guess, I really don't know-- just plain baffled

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If I don't read the email on the phone it does seem to work. However it does take like 30 mins to an hour to disappear. Oh well.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Deletions and marking messages as read on the device are not a high priority when it comes to reconciliation. It does sometimes take 15-30 minutes or sometimes even an hour to reconcile to the device.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If I don't read the email on the phone it does seem to work. However it does take like 30 mins to an hour to disappear. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Deletions and marking messages as read on the device are not a high priority when it comes to reconciliation. It does sometimes take 15-30 minutes or sometimes even an hour to reconcile to the device.
    I have my sync to delete on handheld when deleted on P-C. FYI, as far as my email syncs, my sbcglobal email disappears within a second (literally) and my Gmail always takes hours to disappear. It just depends on how fast and often the email service performs the operation. It works, but sometimes it's VERY slow.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com