Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey all i was just wondering what email everyone uses with their precious BB's???? I'm ... BlackBerry Bold forum

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8

email???

Advertisement

hey all i was just wondering what email everyone uses with their precious BB's???? I'm currently using gmail.
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Got the BB address of course, Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I've got 9 email addresses going through the BIS. Gmail, my own domains and everything in between!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    BB, GMail, MSN, Personal Domains, Work, I've got Nine going through now...

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    wow. That's crazy. I just created the gmail tonight to use email on my phone. Since microsoft refuses to encorporate push into hotmail. I have 3 hotmail emails too but I hate having to login on the web every single time I wanna check my email on the go. Now those of you using gmail, I have a question for ya. Do you use the gmail app or do you just have it setup on the bb itself? Also is there an easier way to have email contacts rather than have to add them to your address book? How do you guys manage soo many accounts at once? Why use the bb email? That's a pain like for me I would have to put screenname@att.blackberry.com. Now that's a pain to tell someone you don't know that address. Which email do you like better? Does anyone actually use outlook? Personally... I hate outlook. I think its a waste and that to sync contacts you have to sync through that or nothing at all. I would much rather hotmail or gmail be able to sync to my phone. Maybe that just me. Any suggestions on how to manage the emails? Thanks for the help guys, pat

Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-29-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: format edit

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    You really need to let your Blackberry do the pushing of your mail. If I were going to have to log onto a site to check to see if I had mail, I would not need a Blackberry device.

This is THE advantage to Blackberry!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    Gmail (IMAP) and Yahoo.

aingaran no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have @rogers.blackberry.net, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, and several of my own domains hosted through google apps. The Gmail IMAP delivery has been delayed for me, so I'm thinking of switching back to Gmail POP.
    aingaran | google voice: 347.565.4380 | bb pin: 20E9A99A

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    For me, I don't use any of the Google on-device software (except for Maps, but that's not really what we're talking about here).

I allow the BIS to check my IMAP accounts and push the e-mail to my device. All contacts and schedule are synced through Outlook on my work computer (via USB cable). This way, I have my work schedule, work contacts (as well as personal which are tagged as private in Outlook), and 9 e-mail accounts. I have no problems keeping things straight as the BB does it for me.

For example, if someone writes me at my xxx@gmail.com address and I hit reply, it automatically replies using the address the mail was delivered to. Very easy and the real advantage of the BB. Plus, if you let the BIS manage all the email for you, the battery drain is negligible compared to other devices which have to poll every half hour or so.

Overall, I have no trouble. I have all my e-mail routed to my main Mailbox and all my text / mms messages routed to the separate SMS box.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I just recently tried the ATT Fuze (Windows Mobile device) for a week and came running back to the BB platform mainly due to e-mail. While there are options for true IMAP folder support under Windows Mobile, it's simply not as functional overall as the BB.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    For me, I don't use any of the Google on-device software (except for Maps, but that's not really what we're talking about here).

I allow the BIS to check my IMAP accounts and push the e-mail to my device. All contacts and schedule are synced through Outlook on my work computer (via USB cable). This way, I have my work schedule, work contacts (as well as personal which are tagged as private in Outlook), and 9 e-mail accounts. I have no problems keeping things straight as the BB does it for me.

For example, if someone writes me at my xxx@gmail.com address and I hit reply, it automatically replies using the address the mail was delivered to. Very easy and the real advantage of the BB. Plus, if you let the BIS manage all the email for you, the battery drain is negligible compared to other devices which have to poll every half hour or so.

Overall, I have no trouble. I have all my e-mail routed to my main Mailbox and all my text / mms messages routed to the separate SMS box.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I just recently tried the ATT Fuze (Windows Mobile device) for a week and came running back to the BB platform mainly due to e-mail. While there are options for true IMAP folder support under Windows Mobile, it's simply not as functional overall as the BB.

first off let me say this...I will never go back to Windows Mobile again!! especially a phone that slides or is touchscreen or both. i personally feel that it is not stable. i went back to my old bb (8300) when my now gone att tilt kept on locking up and dropping calls. i have never had a problem with any of my bb's and probably never will. so i feel your pain with the fuze.

now i have a question...BIS is only for businesses right? If i have it that would probably be perfect to setup and use. now is gmail actually pushed to my phone or is my phone going and checking it all the time? i have it setup through the phone and have the little email folder next to the gmail app. i just started using email on my phone last night and i found that the gmail app doesnt automatically retrieve the email to my phone. but the email being setup through my phone does automatically receiver the email. whether gmail is pushing it to my phone or not i dont know but i would like to find out. are there any advantages to using outlook or no? ive never used it before so i would have to figure it out. i dont have ms word so i dont have outlook is there a way to get it for free or a program that is like it or something?? i use openoffice.org which is ms office pro but free. it just doesnt have outlook that i know of. well thats all i can think of for now. thanks again for the help
    storm 9530

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    BIS stands for BlackBerry Internet Service. If you have a data plan, you most likely already have it setup. I believe you're confusing it with BES which is BlackBerry enterprise Server - the corporate option.

To get your Gmail pushed to your phone, you would go to your service providers BIS login site from your computer and add your Gmail account. This will give you pushed email and will not involve outlook at all!

Hope this helps!

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    it does help. so i already have it setup then cool. but what i was wondering was about my email contacts. without outlook i would have to individually add them to my address book. which is why i use the gmail app to send out the emails for the time being. unless there is an easier way??
    storm 9530

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I use Outlook through work so that's what I'm most familiar with. But I've heard good things about syncing goole contacts with the BlackBerry via the google application.

Perhaps that would work for you?

PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Well it has worked so far anyway. I guess ill just tesst it for a couple of days and see how things go. Is there a way to keep messages from going into the (messages) folder??

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~ I use gmail, BB email, and work email. I have set up my gmail to work with my BB, so that it pushes the email. I have my BB, so I don't have to login to check my email and. Can get it instantaneously.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast