For sum reason, I'm unable to start a text with my contacts. It doesn't happened ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

ekzt1nr's Believe it or not

Advertisement

For sum reason, I'm unable to start a text with my contacts. It doesn't happened all the time, but more often now than before its been happening. I go to my contacts and hit menu n select sms text....but nuthing happens.

A solution I found for this was, go to your msgs and hit compose sms text, then find the name of your contact then you will be able to send a msg.

Another thing, rebooting. Quickpull for the 9700 sux (at least in my case) I would hit the quickpull n set it to reset now...n it would freeze on the screen that tells me its gonna reset, but nuthing happened. I had to take the battery out. I even tried the alt+shift+del way to reboot n that takes forever! And even when you do it, it doesn't seem to do it properly.

Only solution I got is a physical battery pull.

I read a thread saying the pad freezes, but I only get that after every reboot. My entire phone freezes for about 5 minutes after each reboot. Gets annoying when your adding n deleting apps.

Solution....just let it ride out

That's all I got for now. Figure I would post it up. Maybe this could help.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quickpull for OS 5.0 is on Beta satge now. I hope the developers come out with it soon. Also, it'a pity their aftersales service sucks ...!Nevertheless I do miss Quickpull.
    Regarding composing of sms from the contact list, I have no problems.
    After having the 9700 for 2 weeks the only battery pull I did was to see how much memory I could recover (quite a bit). I've had no need for it, and this fact attests to the reliable OS of this new BB.

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    Reset by pressing alt, right shift, delete.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    i was having an issue well still am when i holster my phone and i get a message i take it out tthe holster and it supposed to open the message right away it sometimes does not and i cick on the message but it wont open so i try to keep clicking it and nothing work around that is to compose a text to that person and i twil bring up the chat history.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Reset by pressing alt, right shift, delete.
    That´ss correct of course - but it´s equivalent to a soft reset - Quickpull manages, it seems, to be a bit more efficient as far as memory cleansing is concerned.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    For sum reason, I'm unable to start a text with my contacts. It doesn't happened all the time, but more often now than before its been happening. I go to my contacts and hit menu n select sms text....but nuthing happens.

A solution I found for this was, go to your msgs and hit compose sms text, then find the name of your contact then you will be able to send a msg.

Another thing, rebooting. Quickpull for the 9700 sux (at least in my case) I would hit the quickpull n set it to reset now...n it would freeze on the screen that tells me its gonna reset, but nuthing happened. I had to take the battery out. I even tried the alt+shift+del way to reboot n that takes forever! And even when you do it, it doesn't seem to do it properly.

Only solution I got is a physical battery pull.

I read a thread saying the pad freezes, but I only get that after every reboot. My entire phone freezes for about 5 minutes after each reboot. Gets annoying when your adding n deleting apps.

Solution....just let it ride out

That's all I got for now. Figure I would post it up. Maybe this could help.
    Hey Ek, what OS are you running?? The phone freezing for 5 minutes after re-boot is garbage. You shouldn't have to put up with that!! My experience with QP with the more recent builds of 5.0 has not been good. I have it on my device but not a big deal to take it off to save space. I won't use it though....
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    Hey Ek, what OS are you running?? The phone freezing for 5 minutes after re-boot is garbage. You shouldn't have to put up with that!! My experience with QP with the more recent builds of 5.0 has not been good. I have it on my device but not a big deal to take it off to save space. I won't use it though....
    I opted to uninstall QP, just in case ... I'll wait For the final version, whenever it arrives.

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928
    I sometimes get the same problems too. The way I send text is by typing my contact's name from the phone home screen. Select my contact then hit the menu button, choose SMS. This works most of the time, but recently when I do that nothing happens. So strange.

PIN/ID
    ask
    My OS is 5.0.0.330. Same one that came with the phone. I haven't changed a thing. Maybe its one of my apps that's doing that. Idk. I have wayyyyyy too many apps (about 30) and games (almost 60). I would hate to check each one, one by one.

Does anyone know if softreset works like a quickpull? I know it doesn't help on the memory but I got quicklaunch for that with the memory cleaner. And if the softreset works for the 9700??

If so, does anyone have an ota link for softreset for the 9700?

PIN/ID
    ask
    also wanted to mention .....calls drop while on wi-fi...i mean, like always!! sum take longer then usual for it to actually drop, but eventually...they all drop.

also, sumtimes, when ppl send me pix thru bbm...sumtimes they dont go thru, it stays trying to download it but never does.

im not knocking the phone, it still does much more and performs much better than my 8900. it just sux that these little flaws just keep popping up.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quick launch offers the built in reset, for SMS problem, I have none, dropping calls on wifi is not an issue here. bbm pics is not issue with the device but bbm.

5 mins freeze after a reset, well having 30 apps and 60 games installed that is what I call normal. Is easy the more apps that run on background the more the phone will take to initialize all of them, plus getting the network and so.

Finally wonder why you need to do abbtery pull when this is the only one device that holds the memory strong and leaks anything at most.
    If you let the phone run mem will auto recover with the usage.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Is the quicklaunch reset similar to a quickpull? Or to reset to factory settings? I been to scared to test it out n I'm not sure wut it does.

I take out the battery only if my phone freezes on web page that's too big or sumthing. Or than that, I try not to.

And I guess you are rite...having all those apps n games would cause the freeze (which has actually improved).

Thx ealnvn...you made me feel safe n secure again with my bb