Hi Happy New Year everyone, I need help re the above. I tried to download ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Armotecdude no está en línea Stack level 1

How to dwnload 3rd party sftware to BB after downloading it onto your Mac

Advertisement

Hi Happy New Year everyone,

I need help re the above. I tried to download a software onto my bb9700 (via open air, i.e. from the phone itself using the browser) but it said the file was too big error 413, whatever that means. Then tried another link which then suggested i download the software onto my Mac and then transfer it to my phone.

The questions:

1. How do i do this? I opened the Desktop manager and i dont see how i can drag this file from (Finder in Mac) to my bb. Or am i looking at the wrong place? The Mac BB desktop manager doesnt have an add application button which i can transfer from Finder? Sorry i am not tech savvy and any detailed step by step is vvv much appreciated!!!

2. Is it possible to transfer this file by bluetooth? Gosh this seems even more complicated as compared to 1.

Thank you so much for your time help and patience!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    In the first place the application you dl has to be a .jad file that you can place on your desktop. With The latest desktop manager look for Applications, click and wait for it to fill your screen - these are the apps you have on your BB. At the bottom of the screen is a button to search and install new apps.
    But...the app (the .jad file) has to compatible with your BB operating system ( in your case the 5.0 ).
    If it's not, it won't show up, and obviously not transfer to your BB.
    Just for the record, which app is it?

Armotecdude no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, thanks for the reply. The file i managed to transfer on my micro sd card after hours of trying by bluetooth is a .exe type file

dissappointed to hear that it wont run being that you said it has got to be a .jad type file. Is there a file converter for this?

Many thanks

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    .exe files don't install on any BB. The extension must always be .jad and I don't know of any converter. Sorry buddy!