I'm considering dropping the ATT media pkg. and I'm wondering if anyone can provide a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

patt2745 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Dropping ATT Media Pkg.

Advertisement

I'm considering dropping the ATT media pkg. and I'm wondering if anyone can provide a list of features I would be losing by just going Wi-Fi only.

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    1) Access to the RIM BIS Server if not on BES, which means no email access.
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You would only have access to voice calls and SMS texting for communication which can get expensive without a texting bundle.

patt2745 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the replies...I have unlimited sms texting with a bundle supplied by the company I work for and I use Yahoo for email anyway, so it sounds as if I will only lose MMS, constant internet connectivity and the ability to access email through BES. I will have to pay for media downloads on an individual basis and probably no GPS. Is there any thing else I'm overlooking before I pull the cord?

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32
    I don't think you can use the browser at all, so you will have to lug your computer around. otherwise, go ahead...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Your Bold will not have any balls if you remove the data plan. Do you really want to emasculate your bold like that? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

iliveinyourhead no está en línea Stack level 1
    patt....

i have ATT with NO data and it isn't the greatest. there are some 3rd party apps that cannot switch to working over wifi. also i've found some of the built in (from RIM) functions not to work as they keep trying to do them OTA, even after i configure the phone to only use wifi..
    to test all your apps turn the radio off and try to use all your apps and see if the use the wifi or not.

frankly i was pretty bummed that i couldn't get certain things to use wifi vs. OTA.

good luck i hope it works foryou

iliveinyourhead no está en línea Stack level 1
    also.... if you have the unlimited messaging that includes MMS.

att can also set your account up to not allow any data connections if your worried about the device downloading on its own. but by doing this you lose MMS. I have my account setup with "pay per use data" which means that anything other than an MMS i have to pay for. when i switch phones or set them up i just watch the account super close to make sure i'm not going to be surprised