Ive had the new bold 9700 since it came out but was too lazy to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Downloading OTA themes...to where?

Advertisement

Ive had the new bold 9700 since it came out but was too lazy to start modifying it until recently. So im trying to download some themes OTA but unlike my previous devices where it would just download, now I have options; Save, Open, Save to.

The problem is, I don't know what to do with those options. Ive tried all three but cant find a way to open the theme once saved.

Any help would be appreciated.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I would think if it's an OTA file, it would be a .jad file and it would just download. You shouldn't have to choose a location.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Right, exactly. However, it doesn't just download. It asks me what I want to do with the file(ie:save, open, save to). So Im just at a total loss.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Just to be the one to ask the dumb question, are you positive that the ota's are for the 9700?

Not a dumb question, very valid actually. The first 2 I tried to DL were for the 9700 running 5.0. The other two I tried to DL were for the curve 8900(which Ive been reading would work on the Bold 2). However, I dont think I checked what OS those two would work for.

This being said, I had been able to DL themes OTA before on this phone but it wasn't until last night when I upgraded to .405 through DM that I started getting these new messages.

You might try downgrading a step. Is the .405 official or leaked for your device?

.405 was apparently an official release that my DM found for the phone. So I upgraded. When doing so though, I lost a couple applications including BBM. Had to reinstall a lot of crap even though I did a full backup. Go figure.

I would go back or try an unofficial and see if the problem still exists.