Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I used the device switch wizard to switch from my 8800 to the Bold. It ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Advertisement

I used the device switch wizard to switch from my 8800 to the Bold. It moved contacts, calendar, 3rd party applications, everything.

No problems or slowdowns here.

The OP mentioned he/she switched from old BB to new BB and THEN later upgraded to a newer OS, claiming it then ran faster. I don't dispute that but what if he/she upgraded to the new OS and then used the device switch wizard? It's not a fair comparison to blame the device switch wizard when it could be the OS.

All that said, make sure that you use DM 4.6 when using the device switch wizard to minimize problems. There is no reason to use an older version of DM. If DM 4.6 has "problems" but an older version of DM doesn't -- it's not DM that is the problem, it's something on the PC. Of course an old DM is better than no DM at all, but I am just saying that you are delaying inevitable problems down the road if you don't figure it out sooner than later why DM 4.6 might not work for you when an older one does.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    I used the device switch wizard to switch from my 8800 to the Bold. It moved contacts, calendar, 3rd party applications, everything.

No problems or slowdowns here.

The OP mentioned he/she switched from old BB to new BB and THEN later upgraded to a newer OS, claiming it then ran faster. I don't dispute that but what if he/she upgraded to the new OS and then used the device switch wizard? It's not a fair comparison to blame the device switch wizard when it could be the OS.

All that said, make sure that you use DM 4.6 when using the device switch wizard to minimize problems. There is no reason to use an older version of DM. If DM 4.6 has "problems" but an older version of DM doesn't -- it's not DM that is the problem, it's something on the PC. Of course an old DM is better than no DM at all, but I am just saying that you are delaying inevitable problems down the road if you don't figure it out sooner than later why DM 4.6 might not work for you when an older one does.
    You got to remember that all software is not created equal. Others may have doe the same and were using software that was not playing nice with their new Bold. I have always used the Switch Device option and never had problems but then again, I do not have any 3rd party software on my Blackberry
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

RichieSemo no está en línea Stack level 2
    I transfered just my contacts and BB messenger contacts and have had no issues.

nroddy101 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you

Ok I feel so much better now. I just got my Bold on tues. and bought my wife a iphone at the same time. I ran a device swap like i was told to and I thought I had been cheated. The iphones internet was so much faster, didnt matter wifi, 3g whatever. Then i found this thread. Thanks for passing the info. My Bold now has the same speed if not better then the iphone. 50 times faster after wiping the bold clean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123