Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

im sure you know this now , but you cant use a FULL restore file ... BlackBerry Bold forum

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E

Advertisement

im sure you know this now , but you cant use a FULL restore file from another Blackberry model to a bold, its like copying windows 98 files and replacing Vista files, your lucky if your computer will even boot up when your finished.

what i did is i used the "Advanced" backup of DM and selected my Contacts, E-mails, and other various contact info i needed, and left all the program and system files behind. Because of course programs from pearl arnt going to work with Bold, so i didnt even try

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    ^^So that was a yes to just restoring the address book & not have any problems.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just select the address book only and that is all it will do. I would atleast do the address and calendar

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    Just select the address book only and that is all it will do. I would atleast do the address and calendar
    Thank You!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    So there you have it. Use device transfer in DM for address, calendar, memo, password keeper,etc. Don't transfer 3rd party software, and DON'T attempt to load info onto your Bold by using a backup from your previous device! You guys enjoy your new Bolds, and give us some feedback on your discoveries

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    What about browser bookmarks and BBM contacts? Can you manually backup and restore those items? I am on BES so don't care about calendar or contacts as those will get automatically synched after BES activation. But having to redo all my BBM contacts and/or browswer bookmarks would be a major PIA.

melodic no está en línea Stack level 2
    i would also like to know about the blackberry messenger contacts. it would be great if we can just restore them

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I would think you can restore everything except 3rd party software without causing any problems. I am not sure as I have no third party software installed on my Bold.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Yes has anyone figured out how to do bbm contacts? That's very important to me because re-requesting all my contacts would be a pain.

Droopidog no está en línea Stack level 2
    How do I wipe and restore my Bold? I just want my contacts and Calender.

Wish I had seen this before I switched mine over. Could be the cause of the problems with my phone.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    I briefly had a Bold before selling it. Updated DM to 4.6 w/ disk that came with it. Used Device Transfer from Curve to Bold. Everything was transferred - evertything, including 3rd party apps, which worked fine after resetting connection and entering auth code in some instances

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2
    I did the exact same thing as Berryadict with the same devices and it seems to be running fine. Although I have to admit I wouldn't know if the browser was a bit slow as I haven't seen it at top speed. Just assuming its ok.

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2
    i used the 'switch device wizard' from the DM when i got my Bold last week - and no problems here. all info states 4.6 OS, browser is super fast, etc..

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24 View Post
    Yes has anyone figured out how to do bbm contacts? That's very important to me because re-requesting all my contacts would be a pain.
    what i did, was went to http://www.rogers.com/bis (in Canada), from the browser on the device, and it switched everything automatically.

i then called my brother, and asked him to send me a PIN, send me a BBM, and both instances got sent to my Bold. once i received the messages, and he 'ended conversation', the PIN number updated in his contact list.

so i didn't have to re-request anyone from my list - everything automatically updated.

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got my Bold yesterday. Upgraded from a Pearl which I've had close to 2 years. I'm on BES and here's what I did.

1) Ran an "Advanced" backup in DM 4.6 on my Pearl - basically I just wanted to backup my old messages, SMS, MMS, etc as the BES activation will take care of most other things going forward.

2) Exited DM

3) Connected my Bold and re-ran DM. It asked if I wanted to change the PIN associated w/ my exchange profile to the new Bold PIN

4) Let the enterprise activation tick along - took maybe 20 minutes (way quicker than on the Pearl)

5) Restored the "advanced" backup from the Pearl which put all my old messages on the Bold

Worked great. Had all of my browser bookmarks, BBM contacts, etc.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I used the switch device wizard but did not include 3rd party software and everything seems to be running well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast