Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wow! I just learned that its not a good idea to restore the bold info ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mmm208 no está en línea Stack level 1

Dont Restore Your bold from old BB!

Advertisement

Wow! I just learned that its not a good idea to restore the bold info with you old bb info. It seems that it will make eveything run very slow including internet on 3g and wi fi mode. I did a clean wipe and upgraded the OS to the new 4.6 and now everything seems about twic as fast. my results now match nickys web comparison with th iphone. i cant tell you what a diffrence this all makes.

It semms that brickbreaker is a good reference point to confirm os speed increase. B4 wipe and os upgade bricker would have slow down. Now none!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Did you try restoring specific things or you tried restoring the entire backup?

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mmm208 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did a complete backup of my old 8700 and then restored the file to my bb 9000. That was a big mistake. The phone ran chunky and everything ran sesond rate. Browser ran super slow in both modes. Now wifi is almost instant at laoding pages and 3g is very fast and usable.
    With the new os upgrade people are claing better battery life. We will see today.

minitank no está en línea Stack level 2
    I kno this might sound REALLY stupid but how do I:

1. check what OS I have
    2. update to the best

Please dont flame, im having trouble adjusting to the new system (as sumptuous as it looks)

jimpilot no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    I did a complete backup of my old 8700 and then restored the file to my bb 9000. That was a big mistake. The phone ran chunky and everything ran sesond rate. Browser ran super slow in both modes. Now wifi is almost instant at laoding pages and 3g is very fast and usable.
    With the new os upgrade people are claing better battery life. We will see today.
    Did you use the blackberry device transfer in DM or the backup and restore?

cky
    cky no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same thing with me, I restored my pearl info and now the phone is border line bricked. ZERO internet connection, browser doesn't work, messenger, PIN. I'm gonna do a hard reset. NOT PLEASED AT ALL WITH RIM AND ROGERS

dean.cummings no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2555a681
    Ok... I did the same, restored my pearl to my new bold. I haven't had major problems, only little things like missing some options on email settings and not being able to receive bb messages.. Well yer that's kind of a biggie! Please someone tell me how can I undo this mess?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by minitank View Post
    I kno this might sound REALLY stupid but how do I:

1. check what OS I have
    2. update to the best

Please dont flame, im having trouble adjusting to the new system (as sumptuous as it looks)
    No flamethrowing here, tank! If you haven't already gotten your answers, here you go:

1. Options>About. Should be the 3rd line down if it's the same as older devices.
    2. Not sure where to get a newer OS for the 9000, but here are instructions on how to upgrade.
    Roger

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    berryreview dot com has the latest .134 version of the OS for the Bold. I am using it and its quicker than the version that the device comes with .125 from Rogers.

jack no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi guys
    Just got my brand spanking new Bold, the screen is amazing btw! Further clarification on the backup/restore issue please , idiot proof and slowly please.I've got the backup from my Pearl ready to restore , what's the best way to restore this to my bold without incurring the issues mentioned above , you mentioned what it did , you didnt make clear how you resolved it.
    Thanks in advance.

Jack

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    basically do a restore then click advanced then pick and chose whatever you want to restore.
    Like i did it and restored only my contacts and calendars because the settings and all are different on the bold.

honda007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile WiFi Won't Turn On

To RoGro,
    Purchased my Rogers Bold at end of Sept 08. Upgraded the O/S to v 4.6.0.162

Had the same problem as some - unable to turn on WiFi. No satisfaction from Rogers kiosk people - they know nothing but selling. Got home and pulled battery out for a few minutes and appears to be working fine now. Good luck...
    Last edited by honda007; 10-31-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: delete signature

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Will you run into these problems if I just restore the address book from My Curve to My Bold?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Don't eat fish and drink milk! BUCK

I have used the switch device wizard on many devices and have had no problems. You can always "selectivly" decide what you want to move but to say it will brick your device, you got other problems.

I do suggest you do not move any 3rd party programs over to your Bold as this is the number one cause for problems. The programs need to be loaded one at a time and you need to make SURE they are certified for your Bold. There is SO MUCH cr^p software out there that WILL brick your Bold and if you move a handful at the same time you will never know which is the culprit!

I know everyone is excited about getting their Bold but loading a bunch of crappy software is a sure way to crate problems

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    ^^So that was a yes to just restoring the address book & not have any problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast