I have a bold with AT&T. I currently have 1500 sms plan. I just installed ... BlackBerry Bold forum

flushbob no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Does AIM use your Text messaging plan? AT&T

Advertisement

I have a bold with AT&T.
    I currently have 1500 sms plan.

I just installed this AOL Instant Messenger (AIM).

I wanted to find out if sending/recieving messages on AIM counts towards my SMS plan????

Thanks ahead of time.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Nope does not use your txt msg plan. I have AT&T as well with the AOL instant messenger installed.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Most if not all IM apps use data and not texting plans.

flushbob no está en línea Stack level 2
    nice! that makes me happy. dont have to upgrade to the infinite text messaging plan now and give up more money to the man. lol

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    The oz instant messenger from AT&T (which sucks btw) does use ur text messages for IMs. Howver the ones off the blackberry site (the official ones that have seperate programs for each client) uses ur BIS or BES data, it doesn't use text at all. It functions with the same way ur push email does. What I like most is that just like bb messenger, ur last I'm shows up in ur message folder with ur emails
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sheily0517 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericmechanik View Post
    The oz instant messenger from AT&T (which sucks btw) does use ur text messages for IMs. Howver the ones off the blackberry site (the official ones that have seperate programs for each client) uses ur BIS or BES data, it doesn't use text at all. It functions with the same way ur push email does. What I like most is that just like bb messenger, ur last I'm shows up in ur message folder with ur emails
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So if I get unlimited text and have no data plan, I can IM with the OZ messenger??? The thing is, I have my 8100 pearl with at&t and I dont really use the internet that much, unless I have to download something. So I want to finally cancel the data plan and keep the unlimited text which I really need, but I still want to be able to IM Is there any way I can do this???

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-24-2010, 09:02 PM