Hey guys. I'm, starting to have issues with my Bold now. I'm pretty upset about ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ohnoitsella no está en línea Stack level 2

DM not recongizing Bold(PIN)/ Reboots on its own/ App Error... HELP

Advertisement

Hey guys. I'm, starting to have issues with my Bold now. I'm pretty upset about it. I'm trying to back up all my info on my computer. But the problem is that my computer is not finding my pin (Phone). So i'm not able to back up info. I reinstalled the DM to the newest one that is out. But Still not finding my phone. Has anyone had this problem?

I definitely need your guys help on this before my Bold crashes on me "/.

The problems that i'm having is my phone keeps restarting itself on its own after i finish working on an applications. And 5 days ago my bold loaded up and said App error the the first time. So I have no idea what to do. Do i need more memory? Or clean up my phone. I have no clue what to do and i'm freaking out. lol I dont have insurance so I'm trying to go threw warrenty before it ends. Please let me know what I should do becuase I know you guys have the most information that is super helpful. thanks

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    What os are you on? Have you installed any new application or theme recently?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    every day it restarts it self? do u have a memory card for the bold if u do move all mp3s/pics/videos and others on to the memory card and also if u have a lot of apps that u don't use remove them 2 after that i would pull the battery out wait a few put it back in and let the bold boot up while its booting up

plug the usb cable into a new usb slot once the bb is booted up plug it in and see if the computer pics it up if it don't pick it up, is a driver problem and u will need to reinstall the dm but remove the old one and install it again make sure u reboot after u remove it tho..

also when u plug it in do u see the charge sign on the phone or when u go to my computer does it see it as a device listed?

I havent updated my OS. Thats what I was trying to do to see if that fixes the problem but the DM wont find my PIN. The OS i have is v4.6.0.167

I'm deleting Apps that I dont use right now and see if that fixes the issues. The lastest App i DL was the new facebook app. Facebook is the only main App that I use alot. But I do have alot of pics on my phone. I will get a memory card now and transfer them. I never had this issue before and I always had the same about of pics. Its just really weird that this is happening.

Thanks again

I'm at work now. So when i get home i will try to restall and also uninstall the the DM. And restart my phone and see if that works. But yes my computer was charging my Bold so its definitely not a connectivity issue. It has something to do with the DM I'm assuming

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsella View Post
    I havent updated my OS. Thats what I was trying to do to see if that fixes the problem but the DM wont find my PIN. The OS i have is v4.6.0.167

I'm deleting Apps that I dont use right now and see if that fixes the issues. The lastest App i DL was the new facebook app. Facebook is the only main App that I use alot. But I do have alot of pics on my phone. I will get a memory card now and transfer them. I never had this issue before and I always had the same about of pics. Its just really weird that this is happening.

Thanks again

I'm at work now. So when i get home i will try to restall and also uninstall the the DM. And restart my phone and see if that works. But yes my computer was charging my Bold so its definitely not a connectivity issue. It has something to do with the DM I'm assuming
    yea its a driver prob so just uninstall the dm restart pc install it again and reboot again and plug the usb cable into another usb port and then plug the phone in and see if it picks it up

Quote Originally Posted by briana1988 View Post
    yea its a driver prob so just uninstall the dm restart pc install it again and reboot again and plug the usb cable into another usb port and then plug the phone in and see if it picks it up

I will. thanks again for all your help. I deleted a few App and cleaned out the phone, like deleting the caches and text/emails. So hopefully that will help too. the only apps i have are facebook, myspace, pandora, ESPN, yahoo go, and 3 themes. Any of these apps are having issues lately that i havent heard of?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    nope but also ohnoitsella the blackberry os is like the windows os the mem gets used via apps being opened and so on and to save u time from doing a battery pull get this app

http://www.steelthorn.com/products/#quickpull

its a good app and u can do a hardreset with it k

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    When you plug your Bold into the computer does it see the internal memory?
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 06-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Thank you, i'm in the process ot the d/l the app u suggested

I just realized there is a App for Pinstack. Is that an okay App to D/l? sorry for so many questions :/

PIN/ID
    just ask

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    the phone restarting itself is usually a memory leak problem. it can be caused by the os or by a program.

use dm 4.6, the new one is terrible. move all your files onto a sd card. they're cheap online, get a decent sized one. upgrade your os. my fiance had the same issue, changed the os and it's been fine since. i didn't keep the .167 long enough to have a problem lol