I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. It seems that i am ... BlackBerry Bold forum

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Difficulty with certain letters

Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. It seems that i am not able to type certian letters. Z, C, N, M, space and the right shift key. these buttons are not working at all. I have done a battery pull to see if this would help resolve the issue and no luck. I have even downgraded OS to the original ATT version and still no luck. since i can't type the letter c, i am not able to do a wipe of the device to see if factory setttings would help fix the issue. Do any of you wise BB addicts have a solution or idea on what i should do. I know i have a few days before the intial 30 days with ATT come up and if i would rather not call them if i could fix this myself.

TIA
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Did this just happen? Or was it like that from the start?

Did you by any chance spill liquid on there? Or extreme moisture conditions?

If not, take it over and get it replaced tia... Its most likely a defect...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Agreed. If you're still in the 30 days, take it back as long as you didn't get it wet. That's not likely to be an OS problem.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Doesn't sound right.never heard such an issue before.its definitely a defect in the device. And not an OS issue or anything related to any issue that can be fixed without returning the device.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rajafarhan View Post
    Doesn't sound right.never heard such an issue before.its definitely a defect in the device. And not an OS issue or anything related to any issue that can be fixed without returning the device.
    I've definitely heard it before, usually only when it's defective, or if it's been wet and contacts corrode or short out.

n2SpEeD125 no está en línea Stack level 2

Same Problem...

Had the same exact problem with a refurbished phone I received from ATT.. The letter o would work sometimes and sometimes it didn't.. Went through 3 refurbs before I finally got a new 8310 and haven't had a problem since.. Kind of got me thinking what refurb really means to att, slapping on a new case and reselling the phone with the same problem is the conclusion I came up with.. All 3 refurbs looked brand new on the outside but all had problems which led to my conclusion..

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    well i called customer service and they told me that i could go to a store and get it exchanged for a new device. Since coming to ATT i have had to go through three Bolds so far. the first did no read the sim card and the second had this issue, hopefully this one will not have any issues. ATT customer service has been great though and that has made the change worthwhile.
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

Rumur no está en línea Stack level 1
    My first phone did the exact same thing. I took mine back and they exchanged it no questions asked.