Hey everyone, I am trying to get my bluetooth connection settings set up in Desktop ... BlackBerry Bold forum

spat10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Software and BT Config Issue with Bold

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get my bluetooth connection settings set up in Desktop Software but NEVER have been able to do so. That includes when I had my Pearl, than Curve, and now Bold.

I am running 4.6 desktop software. I tried to do the following:

Bluetooth technology

1. Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
    2. On the Options menu, click Connection options.
    3. Select the Turn on Bluetooth support check box.
    4. Click Configure Bluetooth.
    5. Click Add.
    6. In the Bluetooth devices list, click your BlackBerry device.
    7. Click OK.

The problem is that I not have the option of doing #3 since it's greyed out and will not allow me to check that box. Does anyone know why that is?

I have the phone connected and BT turned on. I am connected to my laptop via USB AND BT, and have tried to just do one or the other as well, with still no luck. This has always been the case for me so there must be some simple thing I am not doing that I should be.

I have Bold and I'm running Windows XP not that it matters that much. Again I have Dekstop 4.6. Does anyone know how I can get that option to allow me to check off that Box and configure Bluetooth? Thanks for the help!

Sean

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    What notebook do you have? Is the BlueTooth antenna on the notebook turned on?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    spat,

I think you said you have, but do you have your Bold added to the Bluetooth devices on your laptop?

spat10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, I have connected my Blackberry via BT to my laptop(s), MSI Wind and Lenovo. Still not allowing me access to that box.