Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am definielty a newbie.... I have had my new Bold for a month or ... BlackBerry Bold forum

randallee no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Desktop Manager doesn't see BB Bold

Advertisement

I am definielty a newbie.... I have had my new Bold for a month or so now and STILL cannot get the Desktop Manager to recognize when I have it attached to my computer. I have literally spent hours on the phone with BB, AT&T, and even the Sony helpdesk, as my laptop is a Sony. The computer recognizes a RIM device is attached and I go through the wizard steps to install it. It then says the intallation has failed....

I have searched the threads and found the BB Storage Activation New fix. I have tried this, but cannot seem to get it to work either. Can someone draw me a picture or provide very detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to get this to work? I am very new to the BB world and don't understand what to do... Again, sorry to repost asking for instructions that have been given, I just need a little more instruction than most I guess. Thanks for any help offered!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I would try deleting DM from your PC and go to BlackBerry s website and downloading DM ver. 4.6, 4.7 is the latest but I've had issues with it and my Bold so I run 4.6 DM. Install it and see what happens. Open DM up first then connect your BOLD. Let me know if this doesn't solve the issue.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Version 4.6 is what I have. I have installed it from the disk that came with the phone, uninstalled it, installed it from BB's website....

Could it possibly be my computer?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I don't think so, are you running vista??

No, XP

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried uninstalling DM then going into c/program files/common files and deleting the research in motion folder then rebooting your PC and re-installing?

The BB helpdesk had me do that. We uninstalled a lot of things they thought might be interfering with it. It was freaking me out, all the stuff they tried.

Here is another tidbit for thought....

My computer, a Sony, recognizes my Memorex Travel Drive, but won't recognize a SanDisk Travel Drive. My son has a Sony laptop too and it is the same way. He has a Blackjack phone, which came with software similar to the Desktop Manager and his computer doesn't recognize his phone is attached either.

I would blame it on the Sony and just give up, except that I see a lot of other people have the same problem....

Just really confused and disappointed that I can't utilize my BB to the fullest.

Oh, I forgot to add that my husband has a Sony laptop also and a BB Curve. His desktop manager works just fine... Another reason I don't know how it could be the Sony brand...

I would try my BB on his laptop, but he is working out of state and I don't have access to it.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried multiple USB ports on the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post
    Have you tried multiple USB ports on the computer?

Yes. Even deleted all usb drivers and restarted the computer. Couldn't get computer to reinstall the drivers. Had to do computer recovery to just prior to deleting them so they would work again.

Rapazportugues no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem with the same phone, I forget the step by step procedures but you have to uninstal your blackberry from the usb and then connect your phone to reinstall it again, it should work from there, but first go to control panel, add hardware then search for hardware follow the instuctions untill you see a list of hardware, look for blackberry on that list and try to install it again, if it says it has found a problem then do what I first mentioned

I can't see the blackberry on the list of hardware..

Rapazportugues no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by randallee View Post
    I can't see the blackberry on the list of hardware..
    Connect your bb to your computer on the usb port, then go to control panel, add hardware clcik next and say that it is connected to your computer when promt, then look for blackberry on that list, if its not there try different usb ports

irv6744 no está en línea Stack level 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast