Ok, just got this 9700, and it has a bunch of "download" links, applications, etc. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2

Deleting "things"?

Advertisement

Ok, just got this 9700, and it has a bunch of "download" links, applications, etc. that I would like to eliminate...they are currently hidden.

I read the help, which states to enter the menu and simply delete what I want...no delete option is present. I have looked in the applications list under status (nothing there is anything I want to eliminate), and I have looked at the options under desktop manager to no avail.

How is it done?

Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    They are download launchers only, not installed apps so they can't be deleted that way. They are sent as service books..you could delete them but every time you do a battery pull they will come back. Just hide 'em. I know, they're annoying.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok, thanks. I will just keep them hidden.

Are those links to "pay per use" sites, or free downloads?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You would have to read the user agreements and details for each....depends on what they are.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sdeeter19555 View Post
    ok, thanks. I will just keep them hidden.

Are those links to "pay per use" sites, or free downloads?
    I had the same set of icons on my baby bold / curve 9700.

Some were pay apps and a few were free. One thing you may want to watch for on this smaller display is the size of the text, fonts, and other elements if it's a game. Mine came with Tetris which was a pay app. When I ran the demo the game blocks were so small that even with my 20/20 vision it was a miserable thing to see.

In fact it was just one more reason I sold the baby bold after just a few weeks. The display is simply too small once one becomes used to a larger display like the Bold 9000 or better yet, a huge display like on the Droid.