Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's for the carrier to push apps to your device. It has nothing to do ... BlackBerry Bold forum

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

It's for the carrier to push apps to your device. It has nothing to do with your service books. If you do a search on application center, it will bring up a post from when RIM introduced it. It's from earlier this year.
    EDIT: It's up to you if you want to delete it. If you think it might affect your BB, don't delete. If you do, you have the option to reinstall using DM. I have no problems with service books.
    Last edited by quiche; 11-30-2009 at 10:07 PM.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    very true. i checked the thread and you're totally right.

Groovy!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I leave out "appliction center" everytime I load an OS, have been since 4.6.210 on the 9000 and how ever many OSs after that. Still I get those things pushed to me. Just the way it is folks.

Sounds like it may depend on the carrier also. I have received nothing from T-Mobile since I deleted the service.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm on t-mobile running .371, did not install app center as i always don't and they still get pushed to my device. You have rebooted your phone since then, not being sarcastic just asking.

No prob. Didn't think you were. I reboot my device at least once a week. Yesterday was the last time I did it. I always check to see if something was pushed to my device after a reboot, since that is what happened the last time I rebooted before I uninstalled app center. May I ask when was the last time something was pushed to yours and what it was?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I get all the tmobile junk that you had before. All the links, there must be like 15 of them. I'm really curious to what is happinging because although it doesn't bother me because they're in their own folder I would still like to know.

The last push item I received was an Accuweather premium trial two weeks ago. Have you received anything in the last two weeks?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    No, but this is only the 5th day that i've had the 9700, my 2 9000s, one on att, one on t-mobile get that stuff pushed (accuweather) to that device on t-mobile, att has thier own junk. Both devices running 5.0 OS and niether one have the app center installed

Hmmm. Well, I look out for them every time I do a reset. So far, so good. You probably jinxed me now. I will post if I do receive something, but I just don't think I will.

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    how do i delete the preloads that are already on the device, though?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    you can go to options-advanced options- service book ... but because they are being pushed by the carrier, they are most likely going to show up again...
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    i removed the application center... but the VPLs came back when the service books got pushed again

VPL's?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast