On the Normal Profile page under Messages I have three email addresses listed. Two I'm ... BlackBerry Bold forum

turbolift no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleting an old email address

Advertisement

On the Normal Profile page under Messages I have three email addresses listed. Two I'm using on my Bold and one that was used on my 8830. My Bold came with AT&T so I have an @att.blackberry.net address and when I had the 8830 I had an @vzw.blackberry.net address (the email address I want to get rid of). I got rid of the 8830 and Verizon when I got my AT&T Bold.

I loaded Buzzme and it also has the the Verizon address listed. I contacted them and they said the Buzzme program uses the email address listed in my service book. I go to my service book and the Verizon address is not listed. I also go to the Blackberry Internet Service and the Verizon address is not listed there either. Does anybody know how to delete the Verizon address off my Bold?

Thanks

Don

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    did you use the device transfer wizard when you went from the old vzw berry to the new att berry? if so, it probably brought the emails with it... but the vzw email addy is not accessible through the att bis account... at least not unless you manually configure it to work. what i would recommend, as a sure fire way to get it the way you want (now take a deep breath and exhale slowly), is so start over with the att berry. you can manually back up the emails you want to save that are currently on the att berry... wipe it, and add the email accounts that you want it to have...

some bb programs use the default email on the device to register... perhaps buzzme did that as well... can you login to the buzzme website and change your default email address/login to your new att or other address?
    I'm a born again Androider

turbolift no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the help. I went to the Advanced window of the Back Up and Restore page on the Blackberry Desktop Manager and moved the service book from the BB side to the computer side and then I went to the BB Internet Service and resent the Service Book back to my BB. With the new Service Book I don't have the VZW address anymore so now I'm a happy camper.

Don