Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well, I called CS and they suggested taking it to a store as Raton said. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Well, I called CS and they suggested taking it to a store as Raton said. I'll do that over the weekend.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Well, I called CS and they suggested taking it to a store as Raton said. I'll do that over the weekend.
    it shouldn't be a store. They are locations where you can take your bb and they'll swap or take care of the issue immediately without having to deal with those annoying sales people on the floor at the reg stores. These are like the auto parts depts at dealerships you take your car and ask for what you need and they get it done sorta thing. Stores will lie to you and tell you oh you're outta warranty and what not and/ or even try yo sell you stupid lg phone lol. But if they said a store then they must be changing things
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

A corporate ATT store, C.

Oh you said servicing station. Might have to try another call, then.

Ugh. Nearest Service Center is an hour and a half away.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That sucks bro. Well hopefully the people at the corporate store can solve the issue. I just don't like dealing with those stores because the guys working in the back fixing the phones have as much knowledge about the phones as I do about putting a space shuttle together. I remember I took a cousin of mine to one of the sprint so called corporate stores and this is when those tours first came out and everyone in their mothers was complaining about the trackball being unresponsive well the idiot in the back told him oh just set the sensitivity rate higher. Umm I told him how long have you been doing this? I told him it's bot the sensitivity rate fool it's the damn trackball replace it and quit trying to act like you know what you're talking about. It's been reported that these units are faulty to begin with. I made that guy wish I'd never opened my mouth. Haven't seen since at that store I guess someone else replaced him. So yeah bro good luck withthose people I'd be careful if I were you butthen again it's AT&T an not sprint. I don't think sprint has standards in their hiring procedures.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Doh! That sucks Rog. Maybe you'll get lucky and it won't give you any problems.

Yeah, it does suck. I don't want some rookie messin' with a phone that otherwise works perfectly. Maybe they'll give me a new one. I'm definitely gonna call before I go, though and see what's up, even though that doesn't always mean anything. Last time I called a corp store and told them I was instructed to come there to get my early upgrade. They said no problem. So I get there and they can't do jack for me.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Yeah, it does suck. I don't want some rookie messin' with a phone that otherwise works perfectly. Maybe they'll give me a new one. I'm definitely gonna call before I go, though and see what's up, even though that doesn't always mean anything. Last time I called a corp store and told them I was instructed to come there to get my early upgrade. They said no problem. So I get there and they can't do jack for me.
    Those people are shady bro. Better bring some baby powder for the pimpslapping spree

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Interesting...I went through two 9700s because of keyboard and button problems. Third one seems to be okay. I noticed they were all made in Mexico. Hmmm? I wonder if Tmo has noticed something.

Well, I went to a Corporate Store yesterday. Manager was very accommodating. Got on the phone with Customer Service on my behalf and when they also gave him the run-around, he hung up on them and just told me to bring the box and device in sometime and he'll swap them out for me.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Unfortunately since the 87XX series (the last of the really well built BBs) RIM's build quality has suffered. On the plus side they, along with most of the carriers (North Americans ones anyways) are good about replacing devices.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Glad to hear you got your issue resolved bro. Those reps at AT&T do go the extra mile for ya.

TheJerk no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by aznarc View Post

SOME ARTICLES I HAVE READ REGARDING 9700 MADE IN MEXICO AND ISSUES SUCH AS YOURS SEEMS TO BE POPPING UP. ANY WAY FOR YOU TO RETURN IT AND ASK FOR SOMETHING THAT IS MADE IN CANADA? I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO RETURN MY FIRST 9700 FOR A 9700 MADE IN CANADA. I HAD BOTH IN FRONT OF ME AND ANALYZED THE PHYSICALITY BETWEEN THE TWO. IT'S PRETTY SIGNIFICANT IN TERMS OF DURABILITY. THE ONE MADE IN MEXICO IS MUCH LIGHTER AND CRACKY. OF COURSE, I COMPARE JUST THESE TWO HANDHELD DEVICES. I COULD BE WRONG. GOODLUCK MAN!

Hmmm, the first 9700 I ever picked up felt as you described and almost turned me off from the device. I later picked another 9700 up, in a different state mind you, and it feels great (completely different than the first one I looked at); I upgraded then...

I only tonight noted my 9700 is made in Canada. I do not know where that first 9700 was made...

Roger, the DEL key is one of the few keys on a BlackBerry QWERTY that cannot be used as a speed-dial key. This has made a number of people, including me, angry because it would be the perfect key to assign Pizza Hut Delivery! Imagine how the world would be if all you had to do was to press the DEL key for DELivery!! In anger, a network of BlackBerry users and a smaller network of covert RIM employees have entered into a pact to undermine the usefulness, and weaken, the current DEL key. Although you can get a replacement or repair, the problem will not really be solved until RIM allows the DEL key to be used as a speed dial key!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast