Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ugh.....was pulling off my Seidio case this morning and the DEL key came off with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

DEL Key Popped Out

Advertisement

Ugh.....was pulling off my Seidio case this morning and the DEL key came off with the case. I've pushed it back in place, but just wonder if anybody else has experienced this or am I in for trouble with it continuing to pop off on its own now.

Got the phone in December and have insurance on it, too, but hoping I don't have to go that route.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    You can buy a new keyboard from truesupplier dot com for $9.99. They have a 20% off coupon code too...

Link: http://www.truesupplier.com/oem-blac...-pr-18923.html

Coupon code: TS20100201

"A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

LOL! I'd rather do a warranty or insurance swap than try and put a new keyboard on this thing. It's barely two months old.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If it's from AT&T you may. All you have to do is call CS and ask them what's their nearest servicing location to you and just ask them to give you a new unit or swap the keypad. They'll do the apps as well as all your information over to the device. All you have to do is sit Dow. And wait till the surgery is over and done with. If you're with tmobile I'm sure they can send you a refurb unit and you'd have to send yours out and do the transferring yourself like my girl did with her 8900 due to a faulty trackball. Some night that was tranferring everything she had over to the device. Good luck dude
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    LOL! I'd rather do a warranty or insurance swap than try and put a new keyboard on this thing. It's barely two months old.
    lololol, yeah if it is only 2 months old then I would call CS and have them replace it... I have taken mine apart to replace my keyboard, trackpad, and bezel.. I think that I had mine the same length of time too!!! I support the BB's at my current job, so I have to know these BB's inside and out.. Good luck with CS!!!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    lololol, yeah if it is only 2 months old then I would call CS and have them replace it... I have taken mine apart to replace my keyboard, trackpad, and bezel.. I think that I had mine the same length of time too!!! I support the BB's at my current job, so I have to know these BB's inside and out.. Good luck with CS!!!
    If he's with AT&T he should not have any problems. They can fix your bb even if it's over a year. Even after I changed my trackball on my previous 8900. They only look at the white square in the back of your phone when you pull out your battery by the prons you'll know what I'm talking about also at the battery prons. If none of these are tampered with or damaged you'll be alright.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    If he's with AT&T he should not have any problems. They can fix your bb even if it's over a year. Even after I changed my trackball on my previous 8900. They only look at the white square in the back of your phone when you pull out your battery by the prons you'll know what I'm talking about also at the battery prons. If none of these are tampered with or damaged you'll be alright.
    I'm trying to figure out why you quoted me???? I know that they will take care of him if the stickers are still white and nothing has been tampered with! I have been with AT&T since Nov. 2000.. I always say good luck with CS, due to my experiences... So please enlighten?......

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I'm trying to figure out why you quoted me???? I know that they will take care of him if the stickers are still white and nothing has been tampered with! I have been with AT&T since Nov. 2000.. I always say good luck with CS, due to my experiences... So please enlighten?......
    UPDATE: Nevermind you'll have a Great day....

Yes, I'm with AT&T, C. I don't want a refurb unit, though. Like I said, this unit is barely 2 months old.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    CS seems to be a pain at times but if you're nice to them you'll get what you need. I'm a first hand witness to this because I went the 8900 to the 9700 and from there to the iPhone 3 gs in 6 months without paying extra. I love their reps.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You wont need a refurb unit. Just ask for the closest location to you and have them swap the keypad for ya. I know for a fact they will and if they don't I'll call for you and get you a new phone. Lol I hav my ways with those silly reps

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i noticed my del key was a little loose/ wobbily on my last 9700--(had to replace it since it got stuck on headphone mode)
    im with tmo so i got a refurb but the refurb is better than the original
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

aznarc no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can buy a new keyboard from truesupplier dot com for $9.99. They have a 20% off coupon code too...

Link: http://www.truesupplier.com/oem-blac...-pr-18923.html

Coupon code: TS20100201

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Ugh.....was pulling off my Seidio case this morning and the DEL key came off with the case. I've pushed it back in place, but just wonder if anybody else has experienced this or am I in for trouble with it continuing to pop off on its own now.

Got the phone in December and have insurance on it, too, but hoping I don't have to go that route.

IS YOUR PHONE MADE IN CANADA OR MEXICO? USE OTTERBOX AS YOUR CASE, IT'S WAY BETTER

Mexico, I think. Why?

I like Otterboxes, but I don't like the fact that they don't have built-in screen protection. Can't stand those little plastic film covers.

aznarc no está en línea Stack level 1
    YEA ITS PERSONAL PREFERENCE I GUESS. WITH A BUILT IN SCREEN PROTECTOR, IT'S MORE LIKELY TO GET DIRT IN BETWEEN. WHEREAS, THE SCREEN PROTECTOR THAT COMES WITH OTTERBOX, YOU CAN JUST SWIPE WITH MICROFIBER ANY TIME.

SOME ARTICLES I HAVE READ REGARDING 9700 MADE IN MEXICO AND ISSUES SUCH AS YOURS SEEMS TO BE POPPING UP. ANY WAY FOR YOU TO RETURN IT AND ASK FOR SOMETHING THAT IS MADE IN CANADA? I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO RETURN MY FIRST 9700 FOR A 9700 MADE IN CANADA. I HAD BOTH IN FRONT OF ME AND ANALYZED THE PHYSICALITY BETWEEN THE TWO. IT'S PRETTY SIGNIFICANT IN TERMS OF DURABILITY. THE ONE MADE IN MEXICO IS MUCH LIGHTER AND CRACKY. OF COURSE, I COMPARE JUST THESE TWO HANDHELD DEVICES. I COULD BE WRONG. GOODLUCK MAN!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast